lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
mccostlin
Not Yet Wild

Default Thanks to all and a couple questions

Well this is my first post, I recently bought my first cart, a 95 Medalist 36v series cart, Ive been lurking for a few weeks learning all I can, with the help of the search tool and numerous hours of reading on this site, I installed a 4 inch lift with black rims and mudbuster tires (dipped Camo Cart), 4 gauge wires (much easier to deal with with the axle on the floor) and an alltrax axe400 controller. yesterday I did all new batteries and a HD F&R switch.

I talked with EMP yesterday and I'm leaning towards their 2 speed motor. I dont have many hills around our lake house and only a couple small ones where I hunt. will this do the trick for me? 90% of the time my daughter hauls her friends around the yard on it. I only get it during hunting season

my question is this, I need a new solenoid and intend to upgrade to 48v in the very near future due to the new state of my batteries. can I run a 48v solenoid until I upgrade or do I need a 36 for now?

once again thanks to everyone for posting great info and saving me a ton of headaches. it all went together smooth.. I will post a pic or two tomorrow if I can wrestle it away from the girls......

Last edited by mccostlin; 12-08-2009 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: typo
mccostlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Thanks to all and a couple questions

A 48v solenoid will not pull in with 36v. Conversely, you can use a 36v solenoid on 48v for awhile.
You probably don't even need the 2 speed motor.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I know Gornoman has been using his 36v sloenoid in his 48v ezgo. He has wired it so that the solenoid only sees 36v Maybe he will chime in with a diagram?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I know Gornoman has been using his 36v sloenoid in his 48v ezgo. He has wired it so that the solenoid only sees 36v Maybe he will chime in with a diagram?
I have a 42v cart with a 36v solenoid tapped at the 36v level.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I also have 42v with the ignition switch tapped to 36v for the solenoid on my '92 Marathon. No problem.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO