lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
ACman
Not Yet Wild

Default Problem Caused by Towing

I have an Ez-go electric S/N950344 with a MC code of F2196. We ran out of juice a couple nights ago and towed it home (about 6 blocks). Put the charger on over night. Went to use the cart this morning and no go. Batteries are about 9 months old. But I now realize that we towed it with out switching to tow mode. What damage did we cause??? I am not a cart guy per se, but can probably do the repair if I know what we might have damaged. Also, what year is this cart? I am guessing mid 80's. Thanks!!! ACman
ACman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Problem Caused by Towing

Welcome to BGW

yep.... If you towed it very fast you could possibly fry the controller. Probly blew all the diodes inside from over amping them and Most likely taking everything else out inside the controller along the way. What you were doing when it was being towed with it still in run mode was regenerating like you were off throttle and going downhill...accept at a VERY HIGH amperage rate the controller wasn't designed for.

It's a 96....you also should post in the ezgo forum instead of the club car forum.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
sb2bb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is the Club Car forum. You may want to post in the EZ Go forum for some answers.
sb2bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
ACman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info!!! Sorry 'bout getting into the wrong forum on my initial post. Wasn't having a good morning when I realized my dumb mistake!! Any guesses as to what it's going to cost me for new or used/new parts to get me going again?? Are there used controllers available? Plan to check with a cart shop in the morning. Tks!! ACman
Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ACMan, just got a PDS cart that someone had done the same thing to. In my case, the solenoid was def melted and wires fried. I haven't had a chance to put good batteries in it for a real test but with just a sol and fixed wires, the wheels spin!! With yours you really won't know till you pull it apart.. Good luck
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #6
ACman
Not Yet Wild

You were correct on the controller being shot!! Pulled it off and things rattled inside!!! Once it was replaced we were back in business but have since noticed that the cart does not have the speed that it did before. Is there another check that we should do to determine the cause?? The controller is the correct replacement and the batteries were charged after it was replaced. Also, is there a mod to increase speed on these carts as it was pretty slow compared to others I see zipping by our house?? Thanks for any info. ACman
Old 12-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You could have bought a bigger controller for more speed?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO