lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Reverse Problem

I searched for this but could not find an answer.
I recently upgrade my cart. 95 ezgo medalist. I put in a lift, tires and a new alltrax 400 controller. Everthing was working fine for about a month. Then yesterday I went to back the cart up and it peeled out in reverse andnearly threw me out the front of the cart. I checked the wires and nothing seems to have come loose.
Everthing works fine in forward, nice acceleration. In reverse there is no acceleration its dead stop to full blast, and it feels faster than forward. I did notice that the pedal must be depressed about half way before the cart takes off in reverse.
My guess is the switch in the pedal box, or something with the f/r switch. If it is the pedal box wouldnt it have the same problem in forward?? Any help would be appreciated.
Gerardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Reverse Problem

Yea...theres something wrong somewhere. I'd look at the wiring. It shouldn't be anything in the peddle box. Look at your micros on your F/.R switch, check those out, make sure no wires are shorting against the throttle wires. It could be getting some erroneous input when you put in in reverse.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

It might be the first reverse wheelie on the forum... Get video...
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madd matt View Post
It might be the first reverse wheelie on the forum... Get video...
I was thinking i might just flip the body around and have a front wheel drive rear stearing cart. I bet that would be a first too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Yea...theres something wrong somewhere. I'd look at the wiring. It shouldn't be anything in the peddle box. Look at your micros on your F/.R switch, check those out, make sure no wires are shorting against the throttle wires. It could be getting some erroneous input when you put in in reverse.
I think im just going to replace the whole f/r switch. It looks pretty bad and I think its time to replace the whole thing and see what happens.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

.... try the little $5 micro on the reverse side .... If you do decide to replace it then get the BEEFED UP non OEM one.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
jluck
Not Yet Wild

hey its just the controller theres no fixing it, if you want less reverse unhook the orange wire from the speed control it will give you half speed reverse on an alltraxx controller, feels more like 10% on my cart tho
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
.... try the little $5 micro on the reverse side .... If you do decide to replace it then get the BEEFED UP non OEM one.
Thanks scotty I will give that a try. I do plan on changing to a heavy duty f/r if i have to change it, just incase i get board and decide to go 48V. I have noticed that the reverse on the f/r switch doesnt engage all the time now. So something on the f/r must be shorting out. Would that still be that micro switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
hey its just the controller theres no fixing it, if you want less reverse unhook the orange wire from the speed control it will give you half speed reverse on an alltraxx controller, feels more like 10% on my cart tho
I replaced the controller about 2 months ago and had no problems until just the other day.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO