lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
natelukow
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf Carts, where to start?

While in sociology today my mind started to wander and for some reason I decided I wanted a fast gold cart. I decided to come check out golf carts online, but I had no idea this was so common, and there was so much aftermarket support. I've done a little looking around and I've gathered that the most popular make is EZGO (correct me if I'm wrong). My question for all you golf car veterans is where the hell do I start? what do I need? Any useful info would be appreciated. I have no idea what motors are easy swaps or what kind of motors make good power. Ideally I'd like to use a Honda motor but I'm not that set on it. I've been building Hondas (cars) for a few years now and love it. I'm no stranger to engine swaps, but the ones I do have aftermarket mounts available. I've rebuilt several 4 stroke Honda engines, and done a lot of work with brake conversions, suspension tuning, and all the other usual Honda stuff. I'm currently building a JDM B18c, hoping to make 230whp N/A for autox and road racing. Many of you may consider me a ricer but I do NOT have a stupid body kit, I do NOT have underglow, I do NOT try to race everything that moves, and I do NOT consider imports superior to domestics because they were in Fast and the Furious. I do however, hate ricers as much as the rest of you. Anyways I'm not very familiar with 2 stroke engines or carburetors, I'm there not complicated I've just never had the interest. Also, are the swaps pretty straight forward or is fabrication required? How much wiring is required? Does anybody make mounts?. I'd also like a cart/motor that use metric hardware, being a Honda guy I don't even own any standard sockets/ wrenches. Keep in mind I have never owned a sled, bike, or atv, (I do own jet ski's) so I'm very unfamiliar with these machines I would appreciate ANY input that will make this process easier. Please offer as much info as you can.

^Sorry, It's pretty disorganized and I rambled a lot, but I you should get the picture. Thanks in advance for the input
natelukow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: Golf Carts, where to start?

To BGW

I prefer Club Car, Each to his/her own.. In carts, only your thoughts can guide you to what you want.. If help is needed, this is the place to be with some of the most experenced people to help... Have a good one...
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Go to the sponsors section at the top of the page and several offer kits with the mounts and all the wiring to do various big block swaps.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well first of all Welcome
the first thing you need to decide is what your intent is..how are you going to use it off road use or for the street,or both... next thing you need to look at is where the use is going to be the most flat ground or hills ......because in this forum there going to be a lot of different opinions on what cart is the best to get as you will find out if you read the post here ..so if you will take some time to sit down and read the post and look at the cart in the members section the answer will come to you as what you want your cart to do and look like when it's done ....and yes if you ask for opinions your going to get one.. some you like and some that you don't like .. but for what i have seen here everbody is willing to help you achieve your goal ...... now for tools your going to need some ... and I'm all EZGO carts
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
clubcar810
Getting Wild

Club Car

First off WELCOME, as far as what you need is some a bunch of money!! this is addicting to build custom cart!!! good luck and happy carting
clubcar810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Welcome to the fun house.

I agree with clubcar, start with money, lots of money. This is a vary addictive life/hobby/infliction/whatever. But well worth it. These experts on here are great people. Some are experts in one brand or another and then you have some who can just work on them all. Enjoy yourtime here, ask questions, and post pics.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #8
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

start with club car! i have a friend with a yammy and my father in law has a harley i take care of and not so ez go that we try to keep going. if you dont like the rice burners, the only way i know of getting around this is to get you a briggs for under he hood. other wise you are either kawasaki, robin(lasti heard became or owned by subaru/toyota) or yammy. but get you a decent cc with a 350 if you want to keep the stock motor. it opens a lot of options, and makes it easier to find parts without having to do searching or mods. but ats my 2 cents.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
natelukow
Not Yet Wild

Haha, well, i think the position of lifelong hobby has already been filled by autox/road racing, this is just something I thought of that I think would be cool. I want to build a cart that will be primarily used on the street but I can still have some fun off-roading in. I'm not really trying to build a "luxury cart" either, I want something that goes fast and is fun to drive. As far as creature comforts go I'll probably wont go any farther than decent sound system. I also want to run on gas, electric is not an option
natelukow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car