lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Zone NEV
Zone NEV Zone electric golf cars, EV and LSV

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default re: Dual option mode on the Zone controller

This will end up being called stirring the pot. I hope you have a ton of insurance if you are letting 13 year olds drive on the street let alone out of sight. When they get bored with the cart will hand them the car keys?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
DRD65
Not Yet Wild
Zone

I need a Hi/Lo for sure. The ramp up from the lake is really steep. Asking the teenagers to push me up the hill every time wouldn't be cool.

I looked at the EMP stuff and I was under the impression that switch only worked with their series motors not the sepex.
DRD65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #13
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
This will end up being called stirring the pot. I hope you have a ton of insurance if you are letting 13 year olds drive on the street let alone out of sight. When they get bored with the cart will hand them the car keys?
I agree since this is a regeristed motor vehicle now.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
cheaper2day
Not Yet Wild

Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Thanks for your concern, but we live in a gated community with very little traffic and a man made lake. We have wide sidewalks that they can drive the cart on. Our old cart only went maybe 10 or 12 miles an hour and that is what I want this one to do when they are on it.
cheaper2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #15
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I live in a golf cart community, a lot like a gated community and our rules are very specific about carts.
Would you let your kids drive around the neighborhood in your car if you put a block under the gas so they couldn't drive fast?
These carts are street legal, registered and insured just like a car. The law says you must have a drivers license to operate one. If you elect to do differently, at least you know what you are getting yourself into.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #16
cheaper2day
Not Yet Wild

Zone

You are right, I know what I am getting into.

It was illegal to ride my golf card on a public street, yet I have done it almost every day for the past 2 years. The police waive as I go by. There are only about 20 houses in this neighborhood. There are several teenagers in this neighborhood that have different kinds of buggies and several families who have golf carts they use to ride around in so the neighbors are used to this.

I thought we were supposed to be talking about how to modify the controllers.
cheaper2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #17
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaper2day View Post
I thought we were supposed to be talking about how to modify the controllers.
There are two user-selectable vehicle operating personalities, with vehicle top speed controlled and limited in each mode and the parameters are nearly infinite.

A simple rocker switch (SPST) from controller pinout #JI-20 to JI-4 or the negative side of the run/tow switch will switch your modes from User 1 to User 2.

To program the 1268-54 Curtis controller you will need the hand held programmer or the desktop software and a special cable.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #18
DRD65
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
There are two user-selectable vehicle operating personalities, with vehicle top speed controlled and limited in each mode and the parameters are nearly infinite.

A simple rocker switch (SPST) from controller pinout #JI-20 to JI-4 or the negative side of the run/tow switch will switch your modes from User 1 to User 2.

To program the 1268-54 Curtis controller you will need the hand held programmer or the desktop software and a special cable.
Now that's great info! Thanks Doug.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #19
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Just remember if the cart is street legal the 13 YO cannot have a license or even a learners permit , be careful insurance companies can be unforgiving if a street legal cart is involved in any kind if accident .
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #20
DRD65
Not Yet Wild
Zone

It sounds like C2D is in a similar type of community that I am in. It's all private property and the only potential difference in our case is that the homeowners own the club. Ours is not owned or managed by an outside co.

C2D is your lake a ski lake?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Zone NEV