lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT wont go

Is it a PDS car of a DCS car? Sorry the description was a little unclear. I am gonna assume a PDS using the DCS controller (with appropriate spider connections from Alltrax). Is it possible that the controller can be overheating? Does it run at all and then quits after a short time, or is it a case where you wake in the morning, the temp is above 80 and the cart simply doesn't run?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #12
2005TXT
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

rabbit its a PDS and its happend both ways. and it was a MZJ200
2005TXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty has a couple of White Rodgers 586 solenoids for sale, please contact him as he has a really good price on them. I am unfamiliar with the solenoid you are using since I am a fan of the tried and true W.R. varients.

In the meantime, when you come out and the cart does "nothing" are you hearing a distinct solenoid click?

Also, and I can't believe I didn't ask this already, have you checked your reed switch? In 2005, some carts had them and some didn't. A failing/failed reed switch sould be a simple fix for this issue, and yes, I have seen them fail sporadically.....
Old 06-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #14
2005TXT
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah it clicks everytime, and no havent checked reed switch yet thats the one rt on the peddle ??
Old 06-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the reed swith will be inside the charger recepticle. you remove the 3 screws that hold the top half on (hold your hand inderneath to catch the 3 nuts) and the reed switch (if yours has one) will be on the drivers side of the interior. If yours has one, replace it with a piece of wire (it's ok, it's the same fix E-Z-GO did when they did away with the reed switch). Than check and see if the car runs. If yours doesn't have the reed switch, but only a piece of wire, then we are back to looking at other options.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Found this handy pic of the reed switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3541.jpg (76.6 KB, 31 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Since the solenoid clicks every-time and the cart runs sometimes.... can we suspect the solenoid is intermittently failing to make contact? ... is the controller not firing up occasionallly?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid is clicking everytime, the reed switch is either fine or has already been bypassed.....

Another Question for you, In 2005 they began using a 60 AMP MEGA fuse on the cart attached to the battery pack. Have you tested this fuse (assuming you have it on your cart)?

What is the voltage reading on each side of the solenoid with the cart in Forward and the pedal depressed?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #19
2005TXT
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ok tryed putting old solenoid back on does same thing as new one only when hot out side Scotty thanks for pic my cart does not have the reed switch, rabbit it does not have that 60amp fuse, cant check the solenoid for volts its working fine rt now its below 80..... time to bring it in i guess
Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #20
2005TXT
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ok checked all conection on everything from key switch to batterys, cart went all weekend till i drove it for like just over 1 hr then my daughter was driving it like another 20 mins or so and it shut down again the only thing that was hot to touch was the motor like real hot any ideas could the motor be bad and only works when its cool ??????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO