lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Rich20001
Not Yet Wild

Default HD Solenoid for PDS

Can someone tell me what type of solenoid I will need when I upgrade to a 400 amp speed controller? I have a 2003 EZGO PDS and there seem to be all kinds of solenoids out there, I want to make sure that I get the right one.

Also, what is the deal with the diodes and resistors that I see. Where do they go and do I need them for my PDS upgrade? Also, on the fuses, is there a fuse currently in line with my controller or do I need to add a fuse between the controller and motor and/or batteries?

Sorry for all the questions but I am a complete newbie on golf carts, any help would be appreciated.
Rich20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Solenoid for PDS

Hello richie, welcome to bgw! You can use a # of solenoids but I recently used a W/R 586 on am alltrax dcx 400a controller upgrade. Alltrax has a list of recommended solenoids for each controller on their website. Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check out the following links. The second one explains Contactor-Fuse-Diode-Lessons-Learned
http://www.evdrives.com/
http://www.evdrives.com/Manuals/Allt...ns-Learned.pdf
These sites were helpful for me as was conversations with Carl at EVDrives regarding my motor upgrade. I didn't find BGW until after my upgrade.
Dennis
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post
Check out the following links. The second one explains Contactor-Fuse-Diode-Lessons-Learned
http://www.evdrives.com/
http://www.evdrives.com/Manuals/Allt...ns-Learned.pdf
These sites were helpful for me as was conversations with Carl at EVDrives regarding my motor upgrade. I didn't find BGW until after my upgrade.
Dennis
Not knocking the whole 'electric vehicle site' thing. But we prefer to go to Allrax direct for our info. They have tons of helpful documentation and on the phone line help if you need it... they have all the answers before and after the sale.... All the sponsors here are Alltrax dealers
Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not knocking the whole 'electric vehicle site' thing. But we prefer to go to Allrax direct for our info. They have tons of helpful documentation and on the phone line help if you need it... they have all the answers before and after the sale.... All the sponsors here are Alltrax dealers
Click on the second link, you go directly to Alltrax.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post
Click on the second link, you go directly to Alltrax.
Whatev
Old 06-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Rich20001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys those links were very helpfull. I have ordered a W/R 586 HD solenoid as well as a 4 gauge cable kit and the diode and resister. Also have a Alltrax 400 amp controller on the way, once I get all this in I will no doubt have more questions when I start to hook everything up.

I think I may paint this cart also, this is my second cart, I have one that I use for Golf that I just painted a few weeks ago. This cart I have actually had a lot longer and just use it around the acreage and when I go to the lake. I bought it with it lifted and big tires but the guy I bought it from must have never upgraded the controller/solenoid or cables. So with it stalling out more and more it is up to me to upgrade, lesson learned, thanks to you guys I am getting a lot more knowledgable about what to do and look for on a cart. I will post some pictures when I get it all done.
Rich20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO