lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery testing with Hydrometer???

The discharge test is more definitive for your needs.

This & other tests require skilled and experienced interpretation which is why we encourage you to post your accurate results here for others to interpret .... SG and Voltage tests should be taken together 12 hours after a full charge ( 12 hours of letting the cart sit)

Gotta go!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

hmmm, now you have me wondering if i should just bring the cart to a shop for that procedure or do you think with me posting the results from the hydrometer tests you will be able to pinpoint if the batteries are good or the cause of my lack of torque on the cart? does it have to be a temperature compensating hydrometer? the ones at the auto store are $4.00 and do not say temperature compensating.
mookiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #13
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

i did the hydrometer test on all cells, all batteries, and the results all were above the chart, - good/fair/poor chart. the needle went above the chart for every cell on every battery. am i getting false readings? these batteries are 4 years old.
mookiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have also been known to jack the rear of the cart up and depress pedal 1/2 way down and check each battery with a volt meter. If you have one battery 1V or less than teh rest than that battery is weak. Thats what i go by anyway.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #15
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

If your hydrometer is not temperature correcting you can make the correction manually by either adding or subtracting .03 for every 10* above or below 70*.

Subtract if below 70
Add if above 70.

As a rule, stay away from the hydrometers that have the little plastic balls. They are very inaccurate.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO