lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 EZ GO Medalist/TXT For Beginners

Hey guys, buggiesunlimited has a light kit that would work for me. Their install procedures recommends isolating 2 batteries (two 6v) and wiring the lights up this way, following a schematic that comes with the light kit. I can see this to be an easy way to get 12v for lights but is it recommeded? Would it work too much of the two batteries and cause premature failure on just the two batteries?
EZGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

If you were too use your 12v accessories too much then it could cause your batts to drain unevenly, this is why I run a voltage reducer, but then again it depends on how much you are going to use them. The choice is yours, Good Luck
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

BU is not a sponsor of this site..... I would suggest you purchase from a sponsor here as they are going to give you great service before AND after you purchase from them...... That being said, I agree with LH.... Don't draw from 2 batteries, you will regret it in a year or so when you are boiling 4 batteries trying to charge the remaining 2.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #14
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do both. Buy from an advertiser here at BGW as well as install the voltage converter. At least that way I've got choices for future additions for 12v as well as save the hassle of unevenly using my battery pack. I don't forsee too much add on's other than maybe a 12v accessory plug. BTW, should I get a 10 amp or 25 amp? I'm only planning on putting on two front lights and they'll be universals for now. Nothing fancy just for utility/farm use on the cart. Again, thanks for the help.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGOOD View Post
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do both. Buy from an advertiser here at BGW as well as install the voltage converter. At least that way I've got choices for future additions for 12v as well as save the hassle of unevenly using my battery pack. I don't forsee too much add on's other than maybe a 12v accessory plug. BTW, should I get a 10 amp or 25 amp? I'm only planning on putting on two front lights and they'll be universals for now. Nothing fancy just for utility/farm use on the cart. Again, thanks for the help.
Any suggestions guys?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Go with the 25a one, I know it will cost more, but if you add more acc later you will thank yourself for buying it.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO