lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
ManDude
Not Yet Wild

Default power shuts off and I hear a repetitive CLICK

99 EZ GO TXT Series -36v- Cart seems to be fully charged and running well and then the power shuts off and I hear a CLICK. Is worse at some times than others, when it is really back its a repetitive click and the power shuts on and off with each click and the cart just jerks.

Thanks for your help
ManDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: power shuts off and I hear a repetitive CLICK

Welcome to bgw!
It can be a caused by bad battery or bad cable connection. Post the pack voltage here. Now give a little tug and twist on every cable end to see if one comes off.... lets go from there
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
ManDude
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick response. Total Rookie here...I had previously checked all the battery connections and they're all tight, no corrosion either. The cart is at my cabin and I'll be back to mess with it on Friday. I figured I'd ask around here and see if I can get some ideas of what to check when I'm out there. On a 36v carts what is the acceptable range for the pack? Also another thing that started happening at the same time as the occasional click and power loss is that the charge meter wont go above half way and the charger wont shut off. I read on some of the forums that its not good to let the gauge get below 80%, and I usually dont, but I accidentally left the cart on, with stereo power on for about 2 weeks. When I returned to the cabin I found it 90%dead and these issues pretty much started then. :(
Old 07-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The acceptable range is anything above 50% charge. roughly between 36 and 38 volts. What happened to your pack is the worse case scenario, being left to sit with deep discharge. And even right now if they are anything but 100% charged and sitting.... this allows the plates to sulfate and cause irreversible damage compromising the useful life of the batteries.
This all sounds like a battery problem, once you correct the low voltage problem the clicking will go away. There simply is not enough voltage to keep the solenoid energized and run the motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
ManDude
Not Yet Wild

Ouch. I guess I'll test the batteries and hope that they arent all bad. Thanks for all your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO