lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cheap EZ-GO retailer

EZGO, noone is trying to be rude, but the simple reality is that $400 would buy you a frame..... nothing more than that. I have sold carts that are "fixer-uppers" that are in need of everything from complete rebuilds to Frame up restorations for more than $400. If you look at the rebuild I am currently doing with my son, we paid $200 for the cart KNOWING FULL WELL, that the cart was going to need EVERYTHING on it replaced/rebuilt. At dealer cost, I estimate I have well over $2000 invested in the parts so far and we aren't even close to a completed cart yet. Heck, the 3 solenoids alone on that rebuild retail for almost $400.

We all appreciate the desire to obtain a cart, but you are seriously going to need to rethink your financial situation regarding ownership of a cart.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2010, 12:10 AM   #22
EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ive never heard of it, but i saw a 1982 eagle, that supposedly works, for 500 so i might check that out, but im going to go on vacation sell my xbox, and get some more money then just buy one and slowly work on it through time, and i know your not trying to be rude, ive probably just passed the question limit for a week!
EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:48 AM   #23
chance
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I paid 100 bucks for this. id consider that pretty cheap. No, it doesnt run, the front end is barely put together, and its pretty dirty. But its got a steel frame that makes stuffing a bigger motor in it easier

chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:37 AM   #24
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

EZGO, hang in there, and keep looking. There are good deals to be found, it just takes time. If you look at this: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/resto...urrection.html

I originally bought the cart for 800.00, had to buy 600.00 in batteries, and the cart was good for a year until it got flooded with salt water! (Island Life Baby!) The friend who owned it before me took really good care of it, he restored and painted and maintained it so well that when he told me he needed to sell it, I didn't even worry about the price! And the VFR, I looked for 3+ MONTHS! to find that deal! The carbs are gummed up and the fairing is cracked on the left side, but for 800.00 I could not pass it up. I had already decided to get a Honda clone motor and do a go kart drivetrain just to save money.

The point is, take your time, save your dimes and keep looking. While you are looking, make a list of everything you want to add on, modify or otherwise customize your cart. You will find what you want, and it will be within your budget, you just have to have patience

Last edited by arcitech; 07-31-2010 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: spelling
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #25
TomC
Not Yet Wild

Keep looking. I got a 94 electric in just about perfect shape, new batteries in may, top, windshield, the works for two hundred bucks.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO