lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My plan

I plan on having pq do up my 36v motor.installing an alltrax 500 amp. Controller,hd f&r switch,and a hd solenoid.my question is,when i decide to go to 48v will i only have to change the solenoid and charger? Should i see a big difference in performance with this change as 36v? Is this the way i should go?
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My plan

You got it! Don't forget to upgrade all the cables too. Alltrax recommends #2 gauge cable for their 500 amp controller.

You will see a 25-30% increase in speed and torque with the voltage increase.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just installed the complete 4 ga. Cables. These won't be enough?,WHAT WILL I SEE AT 36V UNTIL I GO TO 48V?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For years 4g is all we ever used on controllers up to 700 amps and voltage beyond 48. Only recently has Alltrax begun calling for 2g on 500 amp & up controllers.

You will see some torque / hill climbing improvement from the 4g on 36v. Call PQ and ask them what to expect from their motor rebuild.
Typically they can build for speed or torque. Not both. If you plan on increasing the voltage, build for torque and let the voltage increase give the speed increase. That is the best of both.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxp-rider View Post
I just installed the complete 4 ga. Cables. These won't be enough?,WHAT WILL I SEE AT 36V UNTIL I GO TO 48V?
I just went to 48 and you will see a big difference. You will see a big difference with all the upgrades you are doing and it still being 36 volt also.
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

THANKS EVERYONE ,I'LL BE DOING THIS THE NEXT FEW MONTHS,ALITTLE EACH WEEK.(got to hide the expense from my lady,she won't noticed once installed, until she takes a ride). I'LL BE GETTING AHOLD OF YOU SCOTTY FOR THE F&R SWITCH AND SOLENOID.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO