lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #21
pymoo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 EZ-GO TXT DCS cart no go!

I bought a new solenoid locally yesterday, but unfortunately the symptoms are still the same, and the solenoid never activates.

I'd rather be driving this cart than troubleshooting it...!
pymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check the green wire for a short to the frame. If no short ~ recheck all connections. If all connections are good (get a second opinion from rabbit & then) replace the controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

do me a favor and hook the black from your meter to the small post of the solenoid that has the blue wire on it, then hook the red from your meter to the small solenoid post with the red wire on it. cart in gear, press the accelerator pedal. What voltage are you seeing?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #24
pymoo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Check the green wire for a short to the frame. If no short ~ recheck all connections. If all connections are good (get a second opinion from rabbit & then) replace the controller.
The green wire in the pedal box (and the red one too) both show what seems to be a partial short to the frame. There is some continuity to the frame from each wire.

When I did what rabbit suggested (hook the black from multimeter to the small post of the solenoid that has the blue wire on it, then hook the red from multimeter to the small solenoid post with the red wire on it with the cart in FWD, key on, and pedal depressed)... I see no voltage.

Also, when I tested the grn/blk wire from the controller that leads to the reverse buzzer for continuity to the frame, the buzzer sounded.

I'm like that double rainbow guy on YouTube... "What does it mean????"
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you follow the wire loom from the floorboard to the area of the controller you will come across a molex connector (multi wire connector). Unplug this connector and retes the red and green wires for a short to the frame please. If you are still seeing a short, you are gonna have to replace that small harness between the molex connector and the pedal box. If you are not seeing the short any longer, test it from the other side (controller side) of the molex connector for a short to the frame (test both the red and the green to determine which is shorting out.

Let us know the results.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree
Rabbit, the DCS carts are drawn to you like moths to a lamp this week .....
Old 09-02-2010, 06:01 AM   #27
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tell me about it, I've had 2 in the shop this week too...... I really hate DCS carts, they are so hard to diagnose and they have so many failure options.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #28
pymoo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm beginning to hate DCS carts too, ha ha.

The wiring harness between the molex connector and pedal box tests OK (no short). However, on the controller side of connector, both the green and red wires both show a short to the frame. Does this mean I have a controller issue?

IF I need a new controller ($$$!), what would you recommend (stock, stock rebuild, Alltrax, etc.), and from where? Thanks!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The stock 275a controller lasts a few years and costs as much as an upgrade. I do not recommend rebuilt, seems to me that most re-builts have a short life, in my experience. For a DCS cart I recommend an Alrtax 300NCX or a 400DCX and a battery meter installed in the dash to protect your investment. The benefit is that the DCS system has a lot more torque than the PDS or Series drive systems. You should upgrade your solenoid at the same time. I have pkg deals on my website.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #30
pymoo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Based on all the symptoms described, does it seem like a high probability that the controller is bad? I hate to replace it if there is any chance that something else could be the root cause (although I am running out of ideas, checking and rechecking all the different wires and components).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO