lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default You are going to call me an idiot!!!

Well, finally getting around to mounting my PQ motor and finishing up 1g cables. A little advice..never assume cable lengths are standard. For instance my controller is installed upside down on the passenger side, PIA to work on without taking off the body. Anyway, I've had to replace some of the cables I had made because I made assumpitions instead of measuring. I got everything installed and my (grn) controller to motor cable does not reach, partly due to the fact the motor studs have been rotated at least 1/4 turn...my old motor would have fit these cables. Here's where I become a potentially "bigger" idiot. I ended up with an extra cable so I connected lug to lug to make my extension (temporarily of course) but in my mind this will work, just not the best idea. I presume this will be a weak point and I will not do heavy running until I get the right cable, is this dangerous or just plain stupid?
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: You are going to call me an idiot!!!

Iknow of a cart that ran just fine like that for 6 months before I ....... I mean, the idiot got around to changing it out
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

so far so good, although not getting what I expected out of my new motor. That being said, my batts. are in serious question. I'll finish this up on another post.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
so far so good, although not getting what I expected out of my new motor. That being said, my batts. are in serious question. I'll finish this up on another post.
Give the motor time. They do have a break-in period. If you're not happy, call Robbie or Rick right away and talk to them about your concerns.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

You're an IDIOT!

And IDIOT spelled backwards is still.... uh.... well.... TOIDI.

Ok... j/k, but since you said.... oh well, nevermine.

Good luck with your upgrade.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha