lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 95 G14E Controller and Diode HELP!!!!

Throttle sensor is new(installed by prev owner) Solonoid was cooked New now. Wiring at solonoid is correct. Runs wide open as soon as solonoid comes on.Fwd or rev SAME SPEED. Unhook all connectors and still same no change . Can Faulty Controller or Diodes cause this.Or should I look elsewhere?Any help is appreciated. Thanks Rick
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 G14E Controller and Diode HELP!!!!

Sounds like controller throttle input not compatible with the carts throttle output?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The diodes just let current flow in one direction, don't think that would be the problem, but you can check them with a volt meter set on continity (I like the beep mode), you should have continuity with leads hooked to the 2 posts, then switch leads and there shouldn't be any continuity. Is the controller stock Yamaha? Is the poentiometer a sock Yamaha?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The diodes just let current flow in one direction, don't think that would be the problem, but you can check them with a volt meter set on continity (I like the beep mode), you should have continuity with leads hooked to the 2 posts, then switch leads and there shouldn't be any continuity. Is the controller stock Yamaha? Is the poentiometer a sock Yamaha?
As far as I can tell the controller is original.I can see a #JN4**** Something number on the case so I think it is Yamaha.The throttle sensor has been replaced. The plug and wiring colors are right.I unplugged all 3 multi wire connectors at the same time and still when the sol comes on it s full wide open.With none of the small wires going to the controller hooked up.Should it still be able to full speed the motor?Checked the throttle sensor with VOM and ohms vary,but not sure values are correct.If the diodes are bad can they back feed the controller and cause it to go wide open even if the harness going to it with the small wires is unplugged?
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha