lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
Hoof Hearted
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wiring Lights for CC DS with 4 12v batteries

Sure it will........
Hoof Hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
Yes but it is the ONLY way to balance the draw fron all of your batteries and in the long run it is still about a hundred dollars cheaper than having to replace a battery.

The choice is yours and many choose to mount an additional 12 volt deep cycle in the bag well just for accessories. By the time you do this you will have spent just as much and you'll have to charge it independently.......
What I was getting at is that there are reducers for half that price . . . the one I use is 20 amps for $65 . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #13
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
What I was getting at is that there are reducers for half that price . . . the one I use is 20 amps for $65 . . .
I have the same as well on my cart and I run lights, radio,back up lights, and an extra 12v outlet, so there is no need to spend the big money unless you need the extra amps.
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
I have the same as well on my cart and I run lights, radio,back up lights, and an extra 12v outlet, so there is no need to spend the big money unless you need the extra amps.
This is the one I bought . . . I like it because of the trigger wire that can be wired to the ignition to provide the ability to turn the reducer on/off with ignition switch . . .

48v-12v reducer
Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #15
Hoof Hearted
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Most of those DO NOT draw from the whole battery pack. This still places undue wear on one or two batteries........your call!
Hoof Hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #16
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
Most of those DO NOT draw from the whole battery pack. This still places undue wear on one or two batteries........your call!
Sorry it is a 48v to 12v reducer the only way it will work is from all of the batteries...and I am pretty sure Steve and myself are only talking about 48v to 12v reducers
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
Sorry it is a 48v to 12v reducer the only way it will work is from all of the batteries...and I am pretty sure Steve and myself are only talking about 48v to 12v reducers
. . .
Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #18
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wells View Post
Wow, I am interested in considering this as an option. I already have a trickle charger for a boat battery so maybe I can add a 12v deep cycle battery to the cart and get away for under 100 bucks.

Will that work?

T.Wells
Yep, had mine that way going on a year now and it works great. I have a battery tender hookup hanging off of it so it's easy to just plug in and charge now and then. Runs my lights and stereo great.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #19
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry to bring this topic back up but I have another quick question. I bought a voltage suppressor and now decided to go with the extra 12v battery.

I am looking for something small that will do the job. Any options on the Odyssey PC625? It seems small and light. Will it work for what is described above? Also, any alternative small marine battery suggestions?

Thanks,
T.Wells
T.Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car