lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
suprsze007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Ride from HELL............

I need all the help I can get with this one guys. Saturday night, took the cart for a ride and managed to smoke the negative lead to the power converter on my 00' 48V DS. Lost all lights, radio etc. The cart then would not move let it sit for a few minutes and it decided to drive again. After a very dark ride home using cell phones and flashlights to see, we got about 3/4 of the way home and the motor let go, locked up the rear tires to a skid and sounds like its got some ground up broken parts in it. I got a new Power converter, covered by warranty but the problem now is the 400cont/1000peak solenoid is not clicking and there is no power to the Alltrax DCX 500amp controller. I disconnected the motor and tried it both ways. With the key ON the Solenoid is reading 50v on positive lead and 50v on two smaller leads but never clicks to transfer power over to controller. Any ideas what's going on?
suprsze007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ride from HELL............

Just a thought, but did you connect your negative converter lead into the factory harness, or directly to the B- of the battery pack? If it was connected into the harness, you may have lost the B- for your solenoid circuit too. A total guess on my part, but may be worth checking out! Wouldn't hurt to check for fuses and their conditions, either.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
suprsze007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The converter was hooked directly to the B- on the battery pack. I've checked all the fuses and they are all good.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have you tried jumping solenoid tio see if cart will run? if not try......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
suprsze007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I checked the solenoid again and made a jumper wire just in case. With the key ON I get 50V on the large posts and small posts but the controller does not turn on. If I turn the key OFF the two small posts are at 0V and the two large posts are still at 50V. Does it matter that the motor is not connected?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

On the small post of the solenoid there is a wire going to the controller. Pull the wire off the controller or somehow clamp the positive side of the volt meter to that wire and the negative to b- somewhere, preferrably the b- on the main battery, turn on key and step on pedal, you should see voltage, if not probably solenoid problem, hopefully. If you are getting power and the Alltrax is not getting a green light with the pedal depressed I am guessing your controller is history.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car