lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
zachsclub
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 05 precedent issue

Not sure which way to go here. My cart strarted surfing at low speed so I changed the MCOR. Ran fine for a while but now I have developed a pause. When I put the cart in reverse to move it out of the shed it has like a pause until I touch the gas pedal. Then it acts like it don't want to go but then it moves. When going forward same thing. It's like if you feather the pedal to get it going it will go on. I did not reset the OBC after the MCOR change. If I put a small trailer on it or get it in a bind it cuts out but will eventually go on. Any ideas?
zachsclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 05 precedent issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsclub View Post
Not sure which way to go here. My cart strarted surfing at low speed so I changed the MCOR. Ran fine for a while but now I have developed a pause. When I put the cart in reverse to move it out of the shed it has like a pause until I touch the gas pedal. Then it acts like it don't want to go but then it moves. When going forward same thing. It's like if you feather the pedal to get it going it will go on. I did not reset the OBC after the MCOR change. If I put a small trailer on it or get it in a bind it cuts out but will eventually go on. Any ideas?
What is the voltage readings of your batteries? Could possibly be a speed sensor as well. To test, key on, switch set to forward. then try to push cart and see if there is resistance and doesn't free roll.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like low voltage to me. I'm with erict
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if its not battery related on the 05 i would suspect speed sensor.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
zachsclub
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Speed sensor is working. Has resistance and the beeps. What should the battery voltage be? And how do I check them? What should me readings be?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are they 12 volt or 8 volt? after a full charge and then sitting 8 hours or so you should have approx 12.5 or 8.5 depending on battery but what you really want to do is load test them......they could all hold voltage but fail under load....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
zachsclub
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's a 4/12 set up. After cart is fully charged should I unplug the cart and the disconnect the batt and check them individually? I would think so since they run in series but if I don't ask then I'm sure I would do it wrong. Lol
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #8
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsclub View Post
It's a 4/12 set up. After cart is fully charged should I unplug the cart and the disconnect the batt and check them individually? I would think so since they run in series but if I don't ask then I'm sure I would do it wrong. Lol
Charge the cart and disconnect the charger and let it sit for 8 to 12 hours. Then take a digital volt meter and check each battery individually and post the voltage of each battery. No need to disconnect them at all. After that, do a load test on each battery. Tape the probe leads of the meter to just one battery and drive the cart and record the voltage reading. Do the same for the other three batteries as well.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
zachsclub
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks a bunch!!!! I will do this on Thursday and post my readings
Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Either that or buy a battery load tester. Drive it til it starts to act up. Hop off and check them under load. It'll be real easy to identify which one drops to rock bottom as soon as it's loaded.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car