lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear Axle Fluid

Ok I had to remove the axles due to a new brake kit as well as the motor for new motor. I wiped out the area where new motor went and put some anti seize. The axles I haven't finished putting back in but my question is do I need to do anything to the axles while they are out?

Also when I put them back in what fluid and how do I put it in to replace what poured out when I removed them?

Finally when I turn the part the motor would turn both axles rotate, when I turn the right axle the part the motor attaches to also rotates, but when I turn the left axle it turns nothing. Is this right or are my gears shot?
Jbc3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rear Axle Fluid

Buy a gear fluid pump from most any auto parts store to pump in fluid. Only ten bucks ish. Only one wheel should turn unless you have a posi unit installed.
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

And said fluid would be called?
Jbc3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbc3902 View Post
And said fluid would be called?
Use the search button as this subject has been debated to death and most won't post in this thread because it will become a thread that goes amuck..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
lmswest
Gone Wild

I used amsoil severe duty 75 w 90 synthetic gear oil because that's what I had laying around.
Some people say to use normal sae 30 oil. But any synthetic gear oil will work for as long as you own your cart as long as you don't get water in it..
Old 09-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
lmswest
Gone Wild

And there should be two bolts on your rear end ( depending on year) bottom one is the drain. Top one is the fill. Insert tube from the pump and pump till the oil reaches the hole. You'll know cause a little will spill out. Wipe it off,re install bolt and forget about it.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

If you want to purchase some Amsoil, which is the best synthetic oil and lube out there, Google Xtreme Synthetics and you can purchase it from there.
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Redline Shockproof Gear Oil

I use this in my buggy as well as my friend. It has the consistency of ATF but the protection of gear oil. My friend's cart gained 2mph avg after changing the fluid. He has an EZ-Go Marathon on 25s running stock motor
JohnDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDaMan View Post
Redline Shockproof Gear Oil

I use this in my buggy as well as my friend. It has the consistency of ATF but the protection of gear oil. My friend's cart gained 2mph avg after changing the fluid. He has an EZ-Go Marathon on 25s running stock motor
John, did you ever try that oil we discussed?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have the Lightweight in my cart right now. Switching to the super light in a few days.
JohnDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car