lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default HOT "diy" HD F&R and cables...

I will start off by saying maybe I should paid some $ to Scotty and bought the pro cables & HD F&R.

I had a great weekend running the crap out of the cart, opening archery season in GA. Was running hard fast & slow for about 2.5 hrs and got back to camp.I discovered my wires going to the F&R melted the heat srink. The NL was to pour on the cables because they were so HOT!

I know my crimps look awful but there tight!!!! The F&R is HD because I put those 1/8" copper plates across the contact threads.

Scotty whats the difference with your HD F&R? does it make that munch of a difference with silver solder? cable ends? I've got 2 guage welding cable on there.

After a few NL's me and my buddy's swapped out my 25" tires for there 22", my carts front end would come off the ground! But there gas Club Car had a hard time moving my 25".

It was a fun weekend.

As always thanks for the input!

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120908_150712.jpg (165.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120908_150908.jpg (191.6 KB, 0 views)
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: HOT "diy" HD F&R and cables...

It's possible that the crimps, even though tight, are not good and causing resistance...
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks erict, im confused how a hammer crimp end would be tight but not crimped correctly. i was using the hammer crimp tool and crimped to the mark.
thanks, steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
thanks erict, im confused how a hammer crimp end would be tight but not crimped correctly. i was using the hammer crimp tool and crimped to the mark.
thanks, steve
Just a WAG on the crimps.. Was the cart running fine? Maybe it was just from running the crap out of the cart..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
lmswest
Gone Wild

Just a shot in the dark but the pq bandit is a speed motor right? 25s require a boat load of torque to turn them as Vic from D&D told me flat out not to run them even with a higher torque motor than the pq..
So is it feasible that the too tall of tire put too much load on your motor to be beat on that hard for that long and the weak link was the switch?

I would call pq and see what their thoughts are on the situation..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
Culln5
Getting Wild

I have no idea about how the electronics on a cart work...... but I know something about beer and drinking anything other than a Natty Light would be an upgrade.... LOL
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
thanks, steve
Steve , PM sent..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car