lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
girard415
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy EZGO Textron Controller

I have an EZGO Textron 27647-G01 that I have acquired from my dad. I plan on rebuilding it and giving to my son for Christmas. I am new to carts so I am lost. Here are my issues.

1st The Power wise charger will not come on I checked the batteries and I have 33.8 VDC from the postive of B1 to the negative of B6. I bypassed the relay to see if it even worked and it came on but the DC Amps showed nothing and I checked the AC amps and it was reading 32-33 Amps. Is the charger any good?

2nd The cart will not go. I have been troubleshooting for two days now but I am not sure if I have made any progress? I think it might be the ITS or the controller. I have .5 VDC going to the micro switch of the pedal box and when depressed the switch closes. I get 0 VDC to the ITS either side depressed or not. I checked the controller (Curtis PMC) and there is 0 VDC on the white and black wires.

I have found several diagrams on the forum but none for the 27647-G01. I am using the 28646 diagram which seems to have small differences.

Any suggestions would be great.
girard415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Textron Controller

First of all your batteries are stone cold dead! They should be 38 volts at a very minimum to be fully charged! The cart will do nothing until you get the batteries charged! Ok, first make sure they all have water just covering the plates ( no more ). Bypass the relay and let the charger run for a few hours. Reconnect the board so the charger runs automatically. Now leave it alone for the 12hrs or so it will run and shut itself off! You won't be able to test anything until your batteries are up! Here's a helpful chart:
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
girard415
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Good to know Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Looks like you may have a 2003 0r 4 cart. Which drive system do you have? directional shift Lever = series. Or a toggle switch on the dash = PDS

Can you check individual battery voltage and post it here 1 through 6
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
girard415
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's not a 4 four cart and it has a lever near the seat for forward and reverse.

1= 5.85
2= 4.28
3= 5.78
4= 5.80
5= 5.83
6= 5.87
Total= 33.6
Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Battery #2 may have a dead cell? However 33v should be enough voltage to start the charger so you may have a charger problem also. Can you try your charger on another cart or try another charger? Or take the charger to a shop for a run test? Can you check the voltage at the receptacle by probing the terminals as the charger does when you plug it in?
The batteries need to be fully charged before the cart's drive system can be tested so that is where you should start.
You have a series drive cart.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
girard415
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If I was to replace battery #2 and charger (if it is not working after tested) then I should be able to check the rest of the system. Could i add one 12 volt battery in the place of 2 6 volt of testing purposes?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by girard415 View Post
If I was to replace battery #2 and charger (if it is not working after tested) then I should be able to check the rest of the system. Could i add one 12 volt battery in the place of 2 6 volt of testing purposes?
yes, and no.
If the other 4 were charged up you could get the full pack voltage needed for testing. But you can not charge 4/6v and 1/12v together with harm. With a 12v charger you could charge 2 pairs of 6v and the 12v then have 36 plus volts to test with. Not ideal but possible.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
girard415
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK so I found that my Charger is bad but I was given a loaner so I can troubleshoot the cart. I left the charger on from yesterday around 2:30 central until this am around 7:30. The charger is still charging so I disconnected and volt tested the batteries
1= 6.57
2= 5.78
3= 6.54
4= 6.63
5= 6.62
6= 6.69
Total= 39.2

When I went to check under a load by depressing the brake and gas at the same time. I checked to see if the cart would engage first and nothing it would not move.

Did I let it charge enough? I have plugged in the charger in again and plan on letting it sit over the weekend. is this the right step or do I need to start troubleshooting again?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The safest way is to jack the rear wheels off the ground and put on jack-stands while troubleshooting so the half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone or something.

When charger is unplugged from cart, key is ON, F/R is in F, does the solenoid click when throttle pedal is pushed?

If not, attach your DVM's negative test lead to the main negative terminal on battery pack (shown in first attached drawing) and measure the voltage on the small white wire coming out of the charger port that connects to the red wire going into the wiring harness. (shown in second attached drawing)

You should have battery pack voltage at that point. If not either the REED switch is bad, or the fuse in the big white wire going to the main positive terminal is bad, or the wire is bad.

If you get voltage on the small white wire, check for voltage at MS-2 on the F/R assembly.
From there it goes to the Keyswitch and then on the the Pedal microswitch (MS-3) and finally to the solenoid coil terminal.

You doe have some battery and charger issues, but you ought to have enough pack voltage to get the solenoid to click when pedal is pushed.

If you can get the solenoid to click and the wheels do not turn when they are off the ground, more troubleshooting is needed.

Also, to find out what your cart was when it rolled out of the factory, eneter the serial number on this website. (It also shows you where to find serial#)
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO