lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
Krusher
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone know where to get original key?

Ok, my friend wanted to start using her cart around her dads house. Figured she would take her kids around etc. Well come to find out her brother has no clue but the key "disappeared". Luckly I have a key which will make the on off switch turn on and all, but no where near the original. (id still like to beat the key out of her brothers pocket which I know he took it out)

No rush as found one battery is dead on the cart as of now. but figured I would throw this out there. I can reply with model number later. its a older Melex but not ancient lol!
Krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone know where to get original key?

You may want to consider using a ezgo key set and just change out the old key setup from the melex, this way you will always have a replacement.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Anyone know where to get original key?

yeah I would change it out too. esp. if the brother happens to have one. if you have a gas model, you can use any 12V key switch that fits the whole if you have an electric i would go with an EZGO as well or have the existing lock rekeyed. they only draw back to an EZGO key is that every key and lock cylinder is the same so any key fits any cart. Given the situation, I would go with re keying what you have for security and then added a seat lock to keep people from bypassing the switch.

good luck.

Arin.
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex