lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
redking
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Delta-Q QuiQ Charger

Recent purchased a new cart and it came with a Delta-Q QuiQ charger. Does anyone know the proper sequence of lights on the charger during the charging process?

Thanks.
redking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
FocusEVGuy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Delta-Q QuiQ Charger

The manual can be found here: delta-q.com/home/serve_pdf/product_manuals/05-04-2013_Delta-Q_QuiQ_Product_Manual

and the spec sheet can be found here: delta-q.com/home/serve_pdf/spec_sheets/QuiQ_Specification_Sheet_720-00121

I believe there might be youtube videos showing operation
FocusEVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
redking
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I reviewed the links before I posted the question. The manual does say what the lights mean but doesn't speak to the proper sequence when charging. there's also nothing on youtube. Thanks for the reply and info though!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
FocusEVGuy
Not Yet Wild

Here are a couple of other sources. Depending on the vintage of the charger these may be a match for the sequence you see.

1st, another link to a PDF file that explains the LEDs a bit better:
columbiaparcaraz.com/customer-resources/delta-q-charger-operation.pdf‎

And 2nd a lengthy description from an older Delta-Q manual: (Assuming a lead-acid battery pack)

1. Always use a grounded outlet...

2. The charger will automatically turn on and go through a short LED indicator self-test (Models 912-xx0x will flash all LED’s in an up-down sequence and
Models 912-xx1x will alternatively flash its LED RED-GREEN) for two seconds. If the charger is connected to battery pack, a trickle current will be applied
until a minimum voltage is reached. If the charger is used in an off-board application and the charger is waiting to be plugged into a battery pack, the
charging algorithm number will be displayed for 11 seconds (see “Check / Change Charging Algorithm”) before ultimately displaying an under-voltage fault (fault disappears when plugged into battery pack).

3. Once a minimum battery voltage is detected, the charger will enter the bulk charging constant-current stage. Models 912-xx0x will display the current to the battery on the bargraph (more LEDs means higher charge current) and Model 912-xx1x will flash its LED GREEN off more than on to indicate <80% charge status. The length of charge time will vary by how large and how depleted the battery pack is, the input voltage (the higher, the better), and ambient temperatures (the lower, the better). If the input AC voltage is low (below 104VAC), then the charging power will be reduced to avoid high input currents (Models 912-xx0x ‘AC’ LED and Models 912-xx1x single LED both flash YELLOW). If the ambient temperature is too high, then the charging power will also be reduced to maintain a maximum internal temperature (Models 912-xx0x bargraph flashes and Models 912-xx1x single LED flashes YELLOW).

4. When the battery is at approximately 80% state of charge, the bulk stage has completed and an >80% charge indication is given (Models 912-xx0x turn on the ‘80%’ LED and Models 912-xx1x will flash its LED GREEN on more than off). In the next phase known as the absorption or constant-voltage phase, the last 20% of charge is then returned to the battery. The charging could be terminated at this point if the vehicle requires immediate usage, however, it is highly recommended to wait until 100% charge indication is given to ensure maximum battery capacity and life.

5. A low current “finish-charge” phase is next applied to return and maintain maximum battery capacity (Models 912-xx0x will flash the ‘100%’ LED).

6. When Models 912-xx0x ‘100%’ LED or Models 912-xx1x single LED is continuously GREEN, the batteries are completely charged. The charger may now be unplugged from AC power (always pull on plug and not cord to reduce risk of damage to the cord). If left plugged in, the charger will automatically restart a complete charge cycle if the battery pack voltage drops below a minimum voltage or 30 days has elapsed.

7. If a fault occurred anytime during charging, a fault indication is given by flashing RED with a code corresponding to the error. There are several possible conditions that generate errors. Some errors are serious and require human intervention to first resolve the problem and then to reset the charger by interrupting AC power for at least 15 seconds. Others may be simply transient and will automatically recover when the fault condition is eliminated. To indicate which error occurred, a fault indication will flash RED a number of times, pause, and then repeat.
[1 FLASH] Battery Voltage High: auto-recover
[2 FLASH] Battery Voltage Low: auto-recover
[3 FLASH] Charge Timeout: the charge did not complete in the allowed time. This may indicate a problem with the battery pack (voltage not attaining the
required level), or that the charger output was reduced due to high ambient temperatures.
[4 FLASH] Check Battery: the battery pack could not be trickle charged up to the minimum level required for the charge to be started. This may indicate that one or more cells in the battery pack are shorted or damaged.
[5 FLASH] Over-Temperature: auto-recover. Charger has shutdown due to high internal temperature which typically indicates there is not sufficient airflow for cooling – see Installation Instructions 1). Charger will restart and charge to completion if temperature comes within accepted limits.
[6 FLASH] QuiQ Fault: an internal fault has been detected. If Fault 6 is again displayed after interrupting AC power for at least 15 seconds, the charger must be brought to a qualified service depot.
FocusEVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
redking
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Perfect, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank You!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #6
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #7
USER973783
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

WHERE is a QUALIFIED service depot for Delta Q chargers?

I have been looking for 2 months. Emails to the distributer said go to your dealer.

Dealer doesn't service Delta Q

Im in Tavares Florida. My unit WON'T change algorithms. (I have ALL the procedures)

Driving me crazy.
USER973783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:22 AM   #8
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Inquire here:

http://www.delta-q.com/contact#oem-support
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #9
USER973783
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Thank you. Response from Delta Q.

We do not have repair centres. You could try contacting Polaris/GEM to see if they can help you. GEM Service # is 1-855-743-3436.

The Ebay vendor I bought it from in February is going o replace it. His Ebay ID is gemtech2014s. A truly honest man. patronize him.
USER973783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #10
Lone Star
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

When I contacted Delta Q they told me my charger was preset with only one algorithm program per EZGO instructions and could not be changed. Mine is a 913-4810 and it is preset with algorithm #38 which is for Trojan batteries. I have Trojan T1260s.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO