lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
miketuite
Not Yet Wild

Default Accessing Bottom Of The Cart?

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I'm not sure how to make the bottom of my cart accessible to work on. What I want to do right now is run wires from the batteries to a meter on the dash.

I assume the wires need to run under the cart. The only thing I can thing of is lifting one side of the cart with my car jack. Is this a good idea? Are there better ways?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
miketuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Accessing Bottom Of The Cart?

you could jack on the frame tube, then attach your wiring in the same clips that retain the throttle sensor wiring to the floor. but if you have lights, you probably already have pack negative (B-) at the dash area. your keyswitch has switched and unswitched pack positive (B+). you may be able to use these, and not need to run wires under there at all.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
miketuite
Not Yet Wild

cgtech,

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Let me make sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying that I can attach one wire to the negative at the light switch and the positive wire to the positive on the key switch? What do you mean by "pack?"

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

1- yes, you got it
2- pack voltage = voltage from the entire set of batteries, all batts included.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
miketuite
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again, cgtech.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
miketuite
Not Yet Wild

Default cgtech, Need Your Help!

Actually, anyone who has a thought to put in is more than welcome.

I found the pack - at the lights and the pack + at the key switch. I spliced into those wires and connected to the battery charge meter I was trying to install. Nothing. I removed the splices and reconnected the original wires. Nothing on the cart works other than the lights.

I did touch two wires and caused a spark while I was splicing, so I replaced the fuse to no avail (it wasn't blown.) My multi-meter says there's 8v at the key switch. There were 42v before I started.

Any ideas where I should go from here? Remember, I'm electricity-challenged.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Last edited by miketuite; 07-23-2013 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: fix title
Old 07-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
miketuite
Not Yet Wild

Update: Before I started my "project," I was getting 50v on the multi-meter across the battery pack. I just fully charged the batteries (i.e. the charger turned off.) Now, I'm getting 42v across the pack. They are 1-year-old Trojans. Is that a clue?

Thanks,

Mike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha