lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
a_garrett82
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO series: solenoid activates with key switch

EZGO series car. I got car with bad batteries so I installed some good used batteries I had, the car would go forward until the pedal got about halfway down, then it would quit. In reverse it went extremely fast no matter where the pedal was. So I thought to change out the its, but when I started to move it inside this morning I turned the key on and pressed the pedal and it took off and would not stop until I turned off the key. Now the solenoid activates with the key only. I checked the micro switch in the pedal group and it is operating properly, even with the red and green wires unhooked from micro switch the key switch activates the solenoid and the car tries to take off. I also changed out the forward micro switch on the F&R and that didn't change anything either. I disconnected the b+ side of the controller to eliminate the controller from the possible problem and that didn't change anything either. Also swapped solenoid and nothing.
a_garrett82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO series: solenoid activates with key switch

Unless your cart is wired differently, the solenoid activating when the keyswitch is turned on means the pedal microswitch is bad or maladjusted.

Sounds like you may have more than one problem, but getting the solenoid to activate only when the pedal is pushed is the first step.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS adj 1 of 2.JPG (63.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS adj 2 of 2.JPG (52.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
a_garrett82
Not Yet Wild

Even when I disconnect he pedal switch the key still activates the solenoid. It seems the blue wire the connects the key switch and switch on the F&R is what activates my solenoid. When it is disconnected the solenoid does not activate with the key switch, but when it is connected the key activates the solenoid.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In the solenoid activation diagram posted above, follow the red line from start to finish. Notice the blue wire you mentioned brings power from the FNR microswitch to the key switch. Also notice power goes from there through the peddle box microswitch before it activates a solenoid. Somehow in the circuit your powers constantly on pass the key… This really only leaves the peddle box microswitch to question.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
a_garrett82
Not Yet Wild

Found the problem, someone had cut the harness that goes from under the seat to the pedal box. Several wires were broken and touching one another. I guess they were touching just enough to get continuity. Anyway that problem is solved, but I still get dropout at the bottom of the pedal. I have adjusted hue plunger and got it close, but it still dropsout.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With Key ON, Direction selector in F and pedal press just far enough for solenoid to click.
What is voltage between Controller B- and Controller Pin-2?
What is voltage between Controller B- and Controller Pin-1?

With Key ON, Direction selector in F and pedal press to floor.
What is voltage between Controller B- and Controller Pin-1?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO