lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #21
TravisHauch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I would highly recommend a Wetsounds Stealth10. It's a Bluetooth soundbar with a built-in amplifier that holds 10 little speakers. I am in the audio industry and all the information that other members have posted is all good and accurate. I have unlimited amounts of audio product to chose from but went what would be the best and cleanest set-up with the most versatily available. I posted a pic of what it looks like on my club car on another post. I can only tell you that it is an easy install and it is extremely efficient when it comes to current draw. I didn't want to bother with a radio when my music selection is mainly from iTunes or pandora. I can send some pics if you don't find post.

I second the Stealth10 on quality and efficiency. We carry those in our store and they are great. The only issue I had with it was it wasn't really loud outside the cart which is what I was going for. We mounted it in front right under the roof.

But they do sound amazing!
TravisHauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #22
TravisHauch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
ok, as I research I see I am going to need more knowledge to make the correct selection. as it relates to mounting, I would like to mount the stereo in the dash slot that normally would hold extra golf balls. it looks like it's made for a stereo but what type/size mount would that be? thanks again for all the replies.

shrp

You can cut it out and get a single din head unit to fit in there. Depending on the location of the connection in the back, it may get a little tight. (RCA's, etc,)
TravisHauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #23
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: time for some tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisHauch View Post
You can cut it out and get a single din head unit to fit in there. Depending on the location of the connection in the back, it may get a little tight. (RCA's, etc,)
Thanks Travis. I'll start looking at single DIN models first.

As wonderful as the WetSounds Stealth10 may be, I'm not interested in a $750 speaker. Thanks though.

Will I be able to hook two 8" speaks directly into the stereo itself? (If you can't tell, car audio is not my strong suit)
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #24
Hyper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would stick with 6 1/2" speakers as oppose to 8" if you are going to use a radio as your source. Depending on your budget, you can get a pretty decent sound out of 6 1/2" speakers. The radios just don't have enough power and if you do crank it up, it will distort.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #25
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm going with 970 watts. Using 2 Soundstream Picasso Nano (520 4 channel and a 450 mono block running a single 10) Goes from the phone in my steering wheel to the eq to the amp then speakers. 4 6.5"s in the roof.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #26
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ier-setup.html
Here is a setup I had on my cart. Sadly it was stolen almost 1 year ago.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #27
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
all,

amidst all the planning on golf cart mods i am thinking about, (too much beer at the beach isn't necessarily good for the wallet.) i think i am going to add an accessory battery for lights, radio, and 12v CLA charging capability. question for you all is radio selection. now, i don't need 2 12" subs and a 1000w amp to blast tunes but i'd like something that sounds decent while rolling down the blacktop. i'm a bose man myself. what radio/speaker combo is reasonable to get decent sound that will run off a 12v battery? thanks in advance....my wife is going to hate y'all. :)

shrp
I know youve got 3 pages of solid suggestion, but I wanted offer another.

Kicker PXiBT50.2 source unit. it will drive a pair of 2 ohm speakers or 2 pair of 4 ohm speaker, has BT, USB and 3.5mm jack. No need for a large traditional head-unit.

Kicker KM65 6.5 marine speakers, or the KM4 is space is an issue.

Add a pair of CompRT67 subs on a PX200.1 for a little thump.

For even more sound, add a pair of the KM4 in the KMMTES single mini pods. They will clamp to small round or square tubing or surface mount. These can be driven by the PX100.2.

All built for the marine and power sports environment.
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #28
shidasko2
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: time for some tunes

I have an alpine head unit cda-9884, with two 4-way 6x9 eclipse speakers and that provides more than enough volume while trucking at night. While ive been debating in putting in another set of 6x9 infinity reference and two channel amp.. havent figured a nice presentable location fot the addons without compromising the frame.
shidasko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO