lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
afbryant
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with ID without Serial #

I just recently bought a used electric EZ-Go and the serial # is not attached to the passenger side glovebox. Would there be any other way to tell what year it is made? I have done some research and can tell it is a TXT because it does not have the bumper. Correct me if I am wrong, that would be 1996 to present, right? Are there any other numbers located anywhere to narrow it down.
By the way.. hello everyone. This is my first cart any I probably will be asking a few questions if that is ok.
There is also a (looks like) factory sticker on the front cowl that spells CHOCKOYOTTE, anyone ever heard of that?
afbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #2
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with ID without Serial #

Raise the seat and see if there is a piece of the black plastic trim on the back of the seat opening that raises up. Once that is raised up there might me a white sticker on the frame.

Here is a link for more info: https://www.shopezgo.com/www404.aspx...ialNumber.html
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Chockoyotte country club, Weldon NC.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

afbryant, coming here to ask questions and getting answers is what its all about....not to mention all the fun we have!!

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

afbryant, WELCOME to the BGW forum! If you could get a chance to post a picture or two under the seat and of the cart itself, that would be a great help in possibly helping to identify the cart you have.

yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Look at the frame rail under the drivers side of the cart (under the floor where drivers feet rest), many txts have another sn sticker there. Older txts have the sn stamped on the frame under the seat on the passenger side, right where the frame curves to meet the roof support brackets.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
afbryant
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help fellas. I found it. I have a 2007 Series TXT. I have to get my camera back from mom before I can post a pic. This cart has recessed headlights and taillights and my next question is: do these carts supposed to have brake lights?
afbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

They were available from the factory with head, tail and brake lights, with a headlight/turn signal bar just below the front nose. Sounds like you have aftermarket lights, that often dont include brake lights, only running lights.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO