lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #11
fingers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 PDS resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
I tried this. I get the one beep, put it in reverse and press the pedal and get a constant beep. I held it for about 30-45 secs.

I get a constant beep with the F/R in reverse all the time the Run/Tow is in run.
OK got the code. 1-4 High Pedal Disable

You have to get the one beep with the key switch off and then turn the key switch to on before going to reverse and holding the pedal down.

I wish the manual would explain that a little better.

Thanks for getting me this far.
fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
fingers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Voltage readings at a stand still can be misleading. Readings taken under load (while the cart is moving are better) as some bad batteries drop considerable voltage under load
Understood. Unfortunately I can't get the cart to move yet.

p: I'll be calling soon to order my parts. I just want to make sure my motor isn't dead. Because if it is, I'll probably get the 909 vs. the 808 and do 48v vs. 42v like you recommended with the stock motor.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 09-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
fingers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I opened up the pedal box. The entire assembly looks to be brand new. Somebody must have replaced it sometime because it looks newer than any other part of the cart.

The linkage appears to work fine.

The microswitch seems to be working. A cont. test gives no tone with the pedal up and a tone with the pedal down.

I do the tests listed in the manual for that error code and I get 1 volt and 14 volts respectively. Pedal up J4 pin 2 and Pedal down J4 pin 1. I think I am supposed to get 36v for both.

Does that mean the wiring between the box and the controller is bad?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
fingers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Today I jumped the motor to check it and it ran fine so that's one more thing that is working to cross off the list.

I adjusted the throttle plunger going into the ITS to exactly 7/32". It was initially quite a bit wider than that. I was hoping that would fix it but unfortunately no, it is still giving me a 1-4 error code so it still thinks it has a High Pedal Disable condition.

I'm still getting reverse beep in reverse and a solenoid click as you press the pedal and another click as you approach WOT in both fwd and rev.

Any ideas on what to try next?
Old 09-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

High Pedal Disable (HPD) is looking for the pedal microswitch contacts to open.
That is how it determines when the pedal is up.

With voltages like 1V and 14V, you may be counting the pins wrong on J4.
The drawing of the controller at the top of the attached schematic shows the pin numbering.

J4 Pin-2 is the voltage source (from the controller) for the pedal switch and J4 Pin-1 is the switched leg.
Pedal up, Pin-1 should be full pack voltage and Pin-2 should be Zero.
Pedal down, both Pin-1 and Pin-2 should be full pack voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #16
fingers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think you are correct I was measuring the incorrect pins. I'll check them again. Does it matter whether I check the voltages from the controller side or the pedal box side? I have the box open so access is easier than trying to get the probes inside the connector.

Thank you for your help.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I think you are correct I was measuring the incorrect pins. I'll check them again. Does it matter whether I check the voltages from the controller side or the pedal box side? I have the box open so access is easier than trying to get the probes inside the connector.

Thank you for your help.
It is the controller that is being told what to do by the switch, so at the controller is the best place to check and when you check at the controller, you are checking the in-line connectors for the two wires.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #18
fingers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, I will attempt to get the reading from the controller end. I have a new wiring harness on the way as well as a new DMM so hopefully I"ll get better readings. I'm out of town for a couple days but will post back the results when I am able.

Does the High Pedal Disable only look at the microswitch output or does it also look at the ITS output as well?

Thanks again
Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
OK, I will attempt to get the reading from the controller end. I have a new wiring harness on the way as well as a new DMM so hopefully I"ll get better readings. I'm out of town for a couple days but will post back the results when I am able.

Does the High Pedal Disable only look at the microswitch output or does it also look at the ITS output as well?

Thanks again
ITS output as well.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #20
fingers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, I now have a good meter to test with and got a spare minute to go out to test the micro switch. Sorry it took so long.

Pack voltage is 37.5v. Pedal up, pin 1, the green wire shows 0v and pin 2 the red wire shows about 36v. Pedal down, both pin1 and pin2 show the same 35v.

Is that the opposite of what I'm supposed to see? Does it matter that the voltage is a couple volts less than pack voltage?

ps: This test was done in Run, key on and in FWD.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO