lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
gbruce1949
Not Yet Wild

Default problem solving

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone out there might be able to help me.........so I got my cart in trouble and it went into the lake via the boat ramp.....after pulling it out and towing home I let it sit over night....the next morning I test drove it and everything was fine.......actually played a couple of rounds of golf with it and then one morning it locked up.....but after a minute or two it ran again for about a half mile and locked again....so got it home and decided to have a look at what could be wrong....so I've changed the brake motor, pulled the main motor (no water in it) but signs it might have rust on rotor part...so I cleaned everything inside and replace bearing and reinstalled it.....dropped the pan and drained oil looked good replaced pan and added new gear oil....opened the controller and it showed no signs of any water or corrosion looked like brand new....re installed it, replaced my cable from battery to solenoid only because it looked like it might have some corrosion .......put the body back on and took it for a test ride after a few minutes did the same thing stopped ..I turned key off waited a minute or so and turned it back on and it ran again...but I'm sure if I kept going it would do the same...so hoping to get any thoughts ........my thought is to replace wiring harness but it looks fine and everything is working except the lockup after a bit
thank you
sorry to ramble on but trying to explain my predicament clearly
George
gbruce1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2021, 07:26 PM   #2
gbruce1949
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: problem solving

No one knows the answer?
gbruce1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruce1949 View Post
No one knows the answer?
Nope, it could be a hundred different things. Its gonna be tough without the handheld programmer to allow the controller to tell you what it thinks is wrong. The "danaher rxv troubleshooting guide" has a lot of test procedures that you can try without a handheld.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:34 PM   #4
GPW1263
Not Yet Wild

I'm new here and with very little golf car experience but a lot of automotive experience.

I suggest you bypass the keyed ignition switch and see how things go. I'm pretty sure that switch hasn't the waterproofing all the rest of the components do.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
GPW1263
GPW1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:30 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPW1263 View Post
I'm new here and with very little golf car experience but a lot of automotive experience.

I suggest you bypass the keyed ignition switch and see how things go. I'm pretty sure that switch hasn't the waterproofing all the rest of the components do.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
GPW1263
Horrible idea on a rxv, their ignition switch isnt a conventional "on-off" switch, bad things come from "I tried this & that" on a rxv without knowing about it. I'm betting battery problems (rxv is very picky about batteries), but I'm so worn out trying to explain "its probably one or more batteries" I'm blue in the face. Everyone wants to put a whole pile of $50-250 parts in to avoid the nasty word "batteries".

Every single rxv owner who thinks for a minute "I'm gonna work on it myself" needs to immediately download the factory troubleshooting guide for their particular rxv (they're both available on this site for free download). Then, they will soon decide "is this a project for me?". It might be, if your comfy with volts & ohms on your meter. "Just jumper this" can easily cost you $1000 on a rxv.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:04 AM   #6
GPW1263
Not Yet Wild

I stand corrected.
GPW1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:21 PM   #7
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would love to hear the story of how it went swimming
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:23 AM   #8
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What year RXV do you have? You changed the bearing? Is the top of the controller mounting bracket silver or black?

What is your location? There is a good chance that someone on here will have, or can direct you to someone with a handheld programmer.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO