lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 04:46 PM   #1
Bosstin87
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 precedent sometimes moves......

Push the pedal solenoid clicks but then clicks off.
Other times it clicks and wont move but clicks off when u let off the pedal.
Then other times solenoid will click and cart moves like normal.
Pack is 50.4v, mcor checked good.
There is a weird squeaking noise from the motor when you roll the cart forwards and reverse.
Bosstin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:11 AM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 08 precedent sometimes moves......

A serial number would be helpful to know if your cart is a IQ/Precedent or a i2. CC changed from IQ to i2 in mid-2008. The wiring and electronics are different in the i2.
Is your cart stock?
When you roll the cart is it in Run or Tow mode?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #3
Bosstin87
Not Yet Wild

Serial- CCI 102519301
yes cart is in tow mode when rolling it.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:51 AM   #4
Bosstin87
Not Yet Wild

Other than a lift/wheels and radio it is stock.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for info but have few more questions. Let's try to narrow down the problem.

Did this start suddenly and cart was being used regularly?
Or, has cart been sitting for a while??

Did you drive the cart through deep water?

Does your reverse buzzer work?

What size tires and rims and what type lift and how high?

In the meantime, you can check your motor to see if it is the problem since you said it's making a strange noise.

1. Place the cart in TOW mode and remove the key

2. Disconnect the NEGATIVE main battery pack cable. Then, disconnect the POSITIVE main battery pack cable.

3. WAIT 90 seconds to allow time for the controller to discharge.

Check the motor:

Label the wires going to the motor so you are sure to replace them to the correct post.
Disconnect wires from terminals on motor using TWO wrenches to prevent the bottom posts from turning. If the bottom post is allowed to turn it can damage the connection to the motor.

With a multimeter set to 200 ohms, place black (–) probe on motor housing. Scratch through paint to ensure a good connection. Place red (+) probe on A1, A2, S1, and S2 terminals respectively. Multimeter should indicate NO continuity between the motor housing and all individual terminals. If readings are incorrect, motor will need to be removed from the vehicle and repaired.

Then, check continuity between motor terminals.

A1 to A2 should have Continuity*

F1 to F2 should have Continuity

A1 to F1, A1 to F2, A2 to F1 and A2 to F2 should have NO CONTINUITY.

*An incorrect reading from the A1 or A2 terminal indicates three possible problems: a grounded A1 or A2 terminal, a grounded wire in the brush area, or a grounded armature/commutator.

If readings are correct:
1. Reconnect the motor wires.
2. Connect the batteries - reconnect the POSITIVE main battery pack cable. Then, reconnect the NEGATIVE main battery pack cable.
3. Place the cart in RUN mode.

ADD:When you reconnect the motor wires, hold the bottom nut of stud with wrench and tighten the terminal retaining nuts. For 5/16 inch (8mm) diameter studs, tighten the nuts to 100 in-lb (11 N·m). For 1/4 inch (6.3mm) diameter studs, tighten the nuts to 45 in-lb (5.0 N·m).

The correct torque for the battery cables is 110 in-lb (11 N·m).
Old 01-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #6
Bosstin87
Not Yet Wild

The car was not driven through high water, this issue just started out of the blue one day. A reverse buzzer does work. This has a 4in a arm lift kit with 14 inch rims on 22" tires
Old 01-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #7
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

You said you checked the MCOR but did not say how you checked it.
Did you check the voltage for the #2, 6 & 10 pins on the controller 16-pin connector?
It could be the micro-switch on the MCOR is failing. To diagnose this:
Remove the 2-pin connector from the MCOR and use a large paper clip or solid wire to jump the two pins on the connector.
The cart should now move. If it does, you need a new micro-switch.
If this does not work, please let us know.

EDIT: If you have not already, you need to check the motor as shown in my last post.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
Bosstin87
Not Yet Wild

Paper clip trick did nothing.
I had a solenoid so i swapped it but still have the same issue. In reverse...buzzer is on, Push pedal to go- micro switch clicks and solenoid clicks on/off buzzer stops then soelonoid clicks on again and cart moves. All this with only pushing the pedal 1 time never letting of the pedal.
New solenoid did help alot!! Before i would have to push the pedal 4 or 5 times before it would move.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:41 PM   #9
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosstin87 View Post
Paper clip trick did nothing.
I had a solenoid so i swapped it but still have the same issue. In reverse...buzzer is on, Push pedal to go- micro switch clicks and solenoid clicks on/off buzzer stops then soelonoid clicks on again and cart moves. All this with only pushing the pedal 1 time never letting of the pedal.
New solenoid did help alot!! Before i would have to push the pedal 4 or 5 times before it would move.
Paper clip method should have worked because you are bypassing the sensor.

Need to be sure I understand what you are saying. You put it in Reverse, buzzer sounded, you pressed the GO pedal and the cart did move backwards. Correct? The reverse buzzer stopped when you switched the F/R toggle to Forward or did the buzzer stop while you were going in reverse??

You mentioned in your last post that your battery light came on for a few seconds then went off. This indicates the OBC was in lockout and when you pressed the Go pedal it took it out of lockout but your reverse buzzer should not have worked and cart should not have moved. This is why I'm asking if the buzzer stopped working while you were backing up the cart. This is an important clue.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #10
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

When you test those pins:

Pin #10 should be a tan wire and you should get 48 volts when the Key Switch is in ON position

Pin #6 is light green wire and is the Pedal Switch. With the pedal pressed down you should get 48 volts.

Pin #2 is a yellow wire and is the throttle input. With the pedal UP your reading should be 0.2 volts and with the pedal DOWN your reading should be 4.7 volts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car