lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #1
Onebean
Not Yet Wild

Default Do i need to remove the top to haul it in my truck on the interstate ???

I think I have found the right cart for me. It's a little bit of a drive to get it home, and I plan to haul it in the back of my truck. Should I remove the top to travel at 75 mph? I don't want the top to get torn off by the wind. Once I get it, I'll post some pics.

Onebean
Onebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:53 AM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Do in need to remove the top to haul it in my truck on the interstate ???

I've hauled all kinds of carts all over the place in trucks and on trailers. Never had a problem with wind wanting to tear the top off, provided of course that the top isn't missing some hardware.

A windshield is what will get you into big problems, best to remove it if it has one so it doesn't catch so much air and potentially tear it off.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Do in need to remove the top to haul it in my truck on the interstate ???

I agree , haul my cc with top on at 80 plus speeds no problems ..yet..
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

just take off the windshield , roof should be fine unless its got some major cracks in it
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
Onebean
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advise. I hadn't even considered the windshield. This is a great forum, and I'm pumped to get my first cart.

Onebean
Onebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also, run a bungi cord around the seat. I've heard they can fly off. I almost lost one on a particularly rough railroad track once. Same goes for a backseat. If it has a flip seat that is turned over, it can bounce enough to rip the screws out leaving your cushion on the roadway :(
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #7
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good advise 4vertical ,,,never thought about that.
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #8
SuicideNemesis
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Do i need to remove the top to haul it in my truck on the interstate ???

never had problems with tops, but did see a windshield take flight once!
SuicideNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Do i need to remove the top to haul it in my truck on the interstate ???

Definitely take off the windshield. Even if it doesn't fly off, I've seen them crack in transport from the force of the wind pushing on them.
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car