lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
cbcirclec
Not Yet Wild

Default Climbing uphill

I'm new to the cart community just purchasing a 2001 club this past Fri, it is a 48v with new batteries a 6 inch lift kit and atv wheels and tires, Fri night I plugged the unit in and Sat morning the charger said 0 so I assumed a full charge. I don't have a battery meter yet it is on its way, I took the cart to my farm to check my food plots and put out some corn (plus check out my new toy) after about 30 to 45 minutes of run time in 30 degree weather I put it to its first test trying to climb a 23 degree hill with 2 200lb men on board. twice it powered out and I had to take another run at a little different angle. Is this normal or is something not right. I assume that everything on the cart is factory ie motor, amp controller
cbcirclec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Climbing uphill

What brand of batteries?
New batteries have to be cycled a few times to get the maximum run time.
You have lost some run time and power with the bigger tires. Next time after getting it off charge call them hill first.
Be sure to check your voltage once you get your meter.
Others here can give you more detailed info.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Carts Zone
Getting Wild

What type club car is it? Use this guide to tell. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
Carts Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

brand of batteries? new batteries are only 70 to 75b% so your startin with a handicap.................your 1st 10 to 12 charge/ dischargev cycles are very important don,t run them down much past 50 % and when you plug it in to chasrge let it be till charger shuts off on its own which might take 16 hours or better ( normal ) as they break in charge time will get less and less again normal but its very important to let it do it thing, once they are broke in you,ll know it by power, run time and speed ..........after all of that its a matter of maintaining them and again thats very important and makes the difference of buying new batteries either every other year or every 5 years or so but the choice is yours.................maintence is only 15 minutes every 2 weeks and thsts not a hard pill to swallow so this is it.....some new battery break-in and a little bit of maintence or new batteries ever few years................good luck and enjoy............................................. ....
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #5
cbcirclec
Not Yet Wild

It is a series club car
cbcirclec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
dereckbc
Gone Wild

23 degree incline. Not sure but I don't think any vehicle can climb that kind of grade.
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereckbc View Post
23 degree incline. Not sure but I don't think any vehicle can climb that kind of grade.

That is not all that steep. I`ve done at least that with mine with very little problem. Now its not going to fly up it but it does go up it.
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car