lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2015, 01:22 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default re: Installing Blinkers/Brake Lights on Existing LED lights

Best part is that brake lights never stay on when not intended (like all CCDS do). Easy, no "rigging" a switch to the pedal. Sorry about the lousy pics, but it is a pizza box in my front yard. And, its safe use of the factory wiring, which is best left alone if you dont know it (i did the work for 'ya). Even the best cant say nada, i used ezgo's stuff with part numbers. Other light kits may be different tho, this is for the lights i found on this trade-in cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2015, 05:37 AM   #12
Aggie wh08p
Not Yet Wild

Great info!!! Thanks so much. I will reread it again and go get the parts
Yes, I plan on just buying the turn signal kit by itself

Last thing....
Would you mind posting a link of the turn signal you bought??

Again, thanks for taking time to help me out
Aggie wh08p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

I didnt buy a signal head, i just wired the brake lights to work properly now and if the signal head were plugged in later.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #14
Aggie wh08p
Not Yet Wild

Ok….I finally got around to re-reading your post. Thanks again for taking time to reply
I guess reading this at 5am, I forgot you mentioned you did not have the turn signal kit installed yet, just setup to potentially install at a future date.

I looked at the Ezgo website and their branded turn signal kit runs $225! Are there problems with the generic versions of these???
https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Turn-Signal-Kit.html

Found these on Amazon and Ebay:
Amazon.com : EZGO RXV Golf Cart Turn Signal Kit : Golf Cart Accessories : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : EZGO RXV Golf Cart Turn Signal Kit : Golf Cart Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

and then this complete set with all new headlights (even though I do not need them) and the turn signal kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/331633800034 . Still cheaper to buy all new gear and horn for less that what the turn signal kit cost from Ezgo

So I won’t worry about making the “jumper plug” since I intend on adding the turn signal kit (like you mentioned).

Thanks again!!
Old 10-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #15
Aggie wh08p
Not Yet Wild

no...this is the one I need
https://shop.ezgo.com/products/RXV-Turn-Signal-Kit.html

I call Ezgo and they said I needed this one.
They also said to just connect the purple/red wires (each set). He mentioned that one should be male and the other female, but mine are both female. Not sure if the previous owner messed with it already. Also, I only have one red/purple (right by the cup holder), but further behind the cup holder I have 1 purple, 1 black and the 2 reds that are connect together.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Best part is that brake lights never stay on when not intended (like all CCDS do)..
my ccds has a factory 30 sec timer so brake lights go off
Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Aggie, The aftermarket lights you have are not "plug & play" compatible with the ezgo turn signal kit you are looking at (it was designed for the oem light wire harness only).
Old 10-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #18
Aggie wh08p
Not Yet Wild

Well ****!!
I'm tempted to just order a whole new set for $200 and then just sell my old lights on eBay

Hypothetical.....if you were to buy a turn signal kit cgtech for your setup, what would you buy?
Old 10-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

1- the OEM $200 kit you are looking at is not the headlights, tail lights & wire harness. It is only the "add-on" part to add turn signals on your existing factory light harness.

2- FOR MY OWN CART OR CARTS WHERE OEM SYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE -> i build my own light harnesses ready for turn signals, then add a aftermarket turn signal head if desired.

FOR YAMAHA DRIVE/ EZGO RXV/TXT -> i use the easily available OEM light system because they use good quality parts, they use a Dc/Dc converter & the install looks clean if you do nice work cutting the holes.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #20
Aggie wh08p
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for the info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO