lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Ausco Disc brakes drag on one side and not other

I installed these on my cart about 6 months ago and the kit came in with raw metal hubs and raw metal brackets. I called them manufacture and asked if they needed to be painted before install and they said no. Needless to say they had to come off because the entire rotor was rusted along with some of the brackets. My problem now that i started looking at it is that the dr. side brake has a drag with the brakes off and the pass side has no drag, Is there any way to adjust these brakes from one side only? The only place I seen that they could be adjusted was under the floor pan but it adjust both at one time
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ausco Disc brakes

I can't help you with the adjustments as I don't have your brake type. But just a question about your rusted disc.......Do you drive this cart much? Disc on any vehicle, carts, trucks, auto's, will rust if they sit for long periods of time. Especially in areas where moisture is present. And especially if you don't use them much.

So, how often do you use your cart? And do you park it in an area that would be considered wet?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #3
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ausco Disc brakes drag on one side and not other

The cart gets driven in and out of my shop each day. The area that was rusted was the entire rotor, except where the pads are, I had to pull them off and use a wire wheel to take all the rust off then I laid a couple coats of paint down. I even had to use the wire brush to take the rust off some of the bolt heads and paint those as well. You would have thought they would have at least used stainless bolts
Old 10-02-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
The cart gets driven in and out of my shop each day. The area that was rusted was the entire rotor, except where the pads are, I had to pull them off and use a wire wheel to take all the rust off then I laid a couple coats of paint down. I even had to use the wire brush to take the rust off some of the bolt heads and paint those as well. You would have thought they would have at least used stainless bolts
Don't look at the brakes on your car or truck, they will be rusty too.
If you wanted a show piece you could have painted all the exposed metal. You had to know exposed steel was going to rust. No? Now if it was chromed and rusted like my longtravel lift kit I could see a complaint.
Stainless steel is stainless because of it's nickle content which compromises it's strength and increases cost.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Its no biggie that I had to paint it. It was just a pain that i had to pull everything back off instead of painting them originally, I did call and they told me that the bracket wouldn't rust, they told me that the bracket just looked like it was raw metal but it had a coating on it. My main concern it the adjustment from one side to another. I Just got a call back from them and they said that there is no adjustment from one side to another, Poor design in my personal opinion. Oh well it is what it is. My brakes on my 2011 ford raptor has no rust at all on the rotors! So not all rotor rust. This is what the rotor looked like. Not the rotor but pic for example.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Im assuming my raptor rotors came with some kind of coating on them.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #7
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

something doesn't look right, humidity maybe, but I kind of doubt it.
I've had no problems with mine and I get into water 3 or 4 times a week
and no coatings on the rotors, at least on automotive discs, other then an
anti squeal compound sometimes
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah....I'm agreeing with vagabond on this. If your rotor looked like the one on the left...then you have something wrong. Perhaps on the install or perhaps a part they gave you is flawed. There is no way a rotor that is being used should look like that. When you drive 'em thru water (I have front Jakes disc on my cart) and then you use the brakes, those brakes really heat up and the moisture dissipates in both the disc and the pads.

You have some DX to do on the install.

Edit: My front disc have been on for 7 years and I live in SW Pa. My disc are as good as new and my cart and water see a lot of each other.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO