lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default anyone ever tried these tires?

Has anyone ever used these "Hi-run" tires and is there any reason they wouldnt fit on stock rims? I dont use my 92 36V ezgo much, maybe to run up and down the street a little but mostly in the yard. Electronically it's stock, ie not fast or super strong, HD springs are on the back of the cart. The tread would give me a little extra grip but I would think they would do o.k. for the onroad that I do. The standard tires I have are old and seem to have developed flat spots which make for a bumpy bumpy ride. Of course I would rather put nice rims and great tires but the budget doesnt allow and its hard to justify with how little I use the cart. I was thinking about putting 20-22" tall hi-runs on the stock rims. Any experience with these tires or suggestions? As always thanks in advance....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150915_110544.jpg (143.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150915_093148.jpg (252.3 KB, 0 views)
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: anyone ever tried these tires?

If that price is apiece that's not cheap. Check these tires out Duro Excel 18x8.50-8. Those tires are two ply the Duro's are four ply.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #3
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link. These I found on my way through a tractor supply. I have found them a bit cheaper on the internet though so they wouldn't be quite as expensive to replace all four. I also figured they aren't too pricey to keep with my current rims while bumping the tire to at least 20" instead of buying new rims as well.
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
ez-ha
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I put some of those on a neighbors riding mower for him..the sidewalls were so soft it took forever to get the beads to seat.
Then he was forever knocking them off the rims...
I would agree that the price is high also.
ez-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO