lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
Lakemurrayriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Default Hunting Cart Build ?'s

I am looking to purchase a club car precedent, ezgo txt, or a ezgo rxv for my hunting cart build. I know carts are like chevy vs ford, but I was looking for everyone's input. Which platform would you use and why. Whichever cart I decide on, I will be looking to get more speed and torque out of it. Should I go with a plum quick bandit motor with stock controller, or a 500 amp controller with stock motor. I will be upgrading the wires in whether I go with the plum quick or controller. I will be getting a 6 inch lift and 23 inch tires on whatever cart I build. Thanks
Lakemurrayriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Hunting Cart Build ?'s

Don't use the bandit upgrade for a hunting buggy needing lots of torque. It just won't cut it.

Instead look at Admiral, D&D or one of PlumQuick's torque motors to fit your need. Definitely go with the biggest controller your budget affords.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
Lakemurrayriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Should I just get a controller, or would I need both? Also out of the above carts, which one would you recommend? Thanks
Old 05-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Either of the platforms you listed will work for a hunting cart. I chose a CC DS for my hunting cart mainly for the aluminum frame and classic look. My hunting property can get pretty sloppy and I didn't want to worry with steel frame corrosion. Also, I use my cart for only hunting to get me out and back during hunting season. I use an old wheeler for everything thing else outside of hunting. If your hunting land is hilly then consider a controller/torque motor/solenoid upgrade. I went with an Admiral A4 motor, Alltrax 500 amp controller and have been very pleased. The 6 inch lift and 23 inch true ATV tires is good too. Good Luck!
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

I'd throw the Yamaha in there. Can't go wrong with any of them. These days there are plenty of aftermarket for each. I'm more of a gasser guy, but I see some putting Lithium Battery packs. Less weight, longer run time. I don't know on cost.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
Lakemurrayriverrat
Not Yet Wild

I like the quietness of a electric cart. Do y'all think I would need a motor and controller, or would a 500 amp controller with 400 solenoid and 2 ga. wire be sufficient.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemurrayriverrat View Post
I like the quietness of a electric cart. Do y'all think I would need a motor and controller, or would a 500 amp controller with 400 solenoid and 2 ga. wire be sufficient.
You only need a 400 amp controller with a stock motor. I have a Precedent, lifted, 2 ga wires, Alltrax controller. Will throw on some AT tires come deer season.

ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #8
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemurrayriverrat View Post
Depends a lot on the type of terrain you'll be riding through. If it's muddy, soft sand or hilly it may put a lot of strain on the motor. The stock motor may last you 5 years or 5 days, really hard to tell.

You could always just use the stock motor and hope for the best until it dies, but have some funds set aside to replace it with a torque motor if need be.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I just built a hunting cart for my nephew.....he had a free cart to start with, BUT If I were to start with a totally blank slate, regardless of the make.....make your hunting buggy out of a SERIES DRIVE cart...

Here's the START TO FINISH of the complete build.

Ryan’s Cart.pdf
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:11 AM   #10
Lakemurrayriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Very Nice! What motor and controller did you go with? Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts