lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
Ridinhigh
Not Yet Wild

Default What to build as a hunting cart

Looking for my first golf cart, it will be used primarily at deer camp. I am wondering what cart will be the best starting point? I prefer gas and would do all the work myself, just from looking through these forums I am sure that i will be adding some sort of torque kit, lift and tires and wheels, Oh yeah and if it will do 25-30mph that would be awesome. So in your proffessional opinions (and i am sure there will be many) what is the best starting point?
Ridinhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What to build as a hunting cart

gas cart is definatly the way to go. but to get the top speed you are wanting you would probly have to big block it (put a larger engine in it). i have my g1 lifted a total of 8" with the tires and i have more ground clearance than even my brothers Kawasaki Mule. A G9 would be a good start i would think...but others will be along shortly also.
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What to build as a hunting cart

That's the original reason for my tires/wheels and first lift plans. I NEEDED (or wanted) it to ride smoother instead of just being lifted. I did the spring over in the rear and added enough clearance in the front and rear to clear 22"s it still rode like a log wagon in the rough stuff at the lease (Texas Hill country, rough trails). The IFS has fixed that, it'll get a good, long test next week. We're heading to Tenn. where we plan on taking the cart and quads out on 100+ miles of mountain/woods trails at Prentice Cooper WMA. Eitherway, a lot can be done to make them deer lease ready!

-SS
SCRAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts