lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
93-306
Gone Wild

Default Radio Grounding to frame ????

I am in the final stages of wiring up my Caroche build and checked my ground block to the frame and found out something was grounding to the frame. I unhooked it all and found out it is my radio. I have a Fusion marine radio mounted to an aluminum dash I made. I am kinda lost on how to fix this issue as it must be backfeeding threw the radios chassis to the dash. Any one run accross this before and know how to fix this issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo066.jpg (148.1 KB, 0 views)
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Radio Grounding to frame ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93-306 View Post
I am in the final stages of wiring up my Caroche build and checked my ground block to the frame and found out something was grounding to the frame. I unhooked it all and found out it is my radio. I have a Fusion marine radio mounted to an aluminum dash I made. I am kinda lost on how to fix this issue as it must be backfeeding threw the radios chassis to the dash. Any one run accross this before and know how to fix this issue?
Is it a panel mount or a din mount (like a car)?

If it's a panel mount, you could enlarge the mounting holes and use rubber grommets in the mounting holes to isolate it. A GOOD quality (think 3m) double sided tape could be used instead of the screws if the radio is light weight.

If it's a din mount, enlarge the opening SLIGHTLY and tape off the opening where the cage goes on the front of the panel. Apply a coat of either the spray on bed liner or a good spray on undercoating to the opening and the rear of the panel (making sure to cover the area where the hold downs will be, and let dry completely. A rubberised tool coating could be used as well.

After either install, the chassis should be isolated from the panel.

I hope this helps,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
93-306
Gone Wild

That's kinda what I was thinkin. I guess I will make the hole a little larger and install some door edge molding around the hole and the grommets in the mounting holes. Nothing is ever easy!
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You'll have to do the same to the antenna mounting. It will have to be mounted to an insulated surface.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car