lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2015, 01:41 AM   #21
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 EZ GO TXT Won't Start

Sounds as if someone wired it according to this:

sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #22
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG]

Schwophi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #23
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

that schematic seems to be correct. I dont know where the limit switch is though. this could be the issue. The picture showing the key switch shows two black wires coming out which are correctly wired. The green and red I am unsure about. The green runs to a switch which then goes to a fuel filter and then fuel pump.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #24
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

ok I wired up my solenoid according to this schematic and now im hearing clicking. I missing a wire that runs from the pole of the solenoid to the limit switch, however I'm not even sure where that wire would terminate because there is only one spot for a wire to connect to and it runs from the key switch to that spot. A red wire is screwed in (terminated) to the bottom side which im guessing allows for voltage to the reverse siren
Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #25
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Don't fret so much on the color of the wires, but concentrate on making sure that each connection is routed according to the schematic.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #26
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

is there a wire that goes from the solenoid to the reverse siren? that seems to be the only thing im missing
Old 02-20-2015, 03:12 AM   #27
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I believe there is one from "c" to the horn. I also think that if someone attempted to cut that circuit, it will interrupt the ignition. I vaguely remember a thread that talked about using a foam ear plug inserted in the reverse buzzer to quieten it down and not affect that circuit. If you move the selector to reverse, does the buzzer come on? 89 is much more well versed in that year model and would more readily know if you are on the right track.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #28
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

That schematic looks like my 87. The microswitch for the reverse buzzer is wired directly to the hot side of the key switch. It doesn't affect anything but the buzzer. I yanked mine off. I think of it as a spare microswitch in case I ever need one.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #29
wearehooked
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you remove and clean the ground connection from the negative battery terminal? I had this exact problem last week with my '98 TXT. I spent the week doing most all the things you have tried, including new solenoid, only to discover I had caused the problem when I added a new ground wire to the same connection with the primary battery ground.

All this time was spent after my SIL suggested it was a ground problem the first day.......lol
wearehooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #30
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

In the third picture down, the big cable on the right side of the solenoid looks like half of the strands are broken. Is that just the picture, or are they really broken?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO