lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
rjz
Not Yet Wild

Default What's your charger? Thoughts on best charger for lithium conversion?

I have seen TC and Chargerys. A few folks indicated they are still using the lead acid chargers. Third options a cheap lower amp ebike charger. What's best or why or why not use something?
rjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: What's your charger? Thoughts on best charger for lithium conversion?

It is critical that your charger is designed for the pack voltage - number of cells you have. You can use an Ebike charger if it's set up for the same number of cells you have but it will probably charge at a fairly low rate. My Ebike charger goes to 5 amps. My cart charger goes to 17 amps so it charges more than 3 times as quickly. Both are set up for 14 cells so I can use my Ebike charger on my cart in a pinch.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:18 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's your charger? Thoughts on best charger for lithium conversion?

VA, what charger did you find for your ebike that you can use on your cart? Did you have to mod the e-bike charger?

All the small ones I saw weren't adjustable for the output V and they all wanted to push the cells right up to 4.2v.

It'd be nice to find a cheap e-bike charger that's adjustable or has a fixed V somewhere between 54 and 57v so I can leave it in the cart and not worry if someone takes it.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought one of these as a temporary until I decided which charger (15 amp) I was ultimately going to use was ordered programmed shipped. Since I installed it a couple months ago its worked fine. It outputs just under 10 amps and charges the pack just fine overnight. I just installed the second pack into my other cart today and may just get a second one of these...

58.4V 10A Charger 58.4V LiFePO4 Battery Smart Charger Used for 16S 48V LiFePO4 Battery High Power https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXQBQ8D..._aXjFCb61ZNJ5E

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
VA, what charger did you find for your ebike that you can use on your cart? Did you have to mod the e-bike charger?

All the small ones I saw weren't adjustable for the output V and they all wanted to push the cells right up to 4.2v.

It'd be nice to find a cheap e-bike charger that's adjustable or has a fixed V somewhere between 54 and 57v so I can leave it in the cart and not worry if someone takes it.
I got my charger from Luna Cycles. It's a 300W charger with settings from 1Amp to 5 AMP and 80, 90, 100% charge. It is only for a 52V (14cell) pack. I have two Ebikes with 52V packs and my cart has a 52V Leaf pack.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

ElCon 1800W. Charges at 16amps max and as charge approachs maximum the charger amps tones way down.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #7
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I use a cheaper ebike charger that is 1000watts. When I order it I just let them know the number of cells and battery type. There is no real information out there, but most of the chargers have 3 pots that can be adjusted for constant voltage, constant current, and current cutoff. I have used the pots to adjust voltage and amps because I built a 12s instead of a 14s.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #8
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Using this one http://www.chargery.com/C10325.asp
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #9
smity1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I can tell you want not to use ..i have a Delta Q ic1200 with a Orion Jr BMS and even with custom special program supposedly, will not charge. And Delta Q has a horrible customer service.
smity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #10
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
ElCon 1800W. Charges at 16amps max and as charge approachs maximum the charger amps tones way down.
what is your battery config. right now? (12s1p, 12s2p, 20s1p, or 20s1p?) Either way how long does it take to charge it?

And were do you purchase said charger?
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO