lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Allied Lithium - any reviews?

has anyone here tried these? Wanting to switch to lithium but a bit skeptical with all the 'they'll explode and light on fire' talk

https://alliedlithium.com/pages/lith...tteries-brands
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Allied Lithium - any reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
has anyone here tried these? Wanting to switch to lithium but a bit skeptical with all the 'they'll explode and light on fire' talk

https://alliedlithium.com/pages/lith...tteries-brands
Don't have any experience with the Allied's, though it appears they might be a viable solution if your cart is not drawing high amps.

Remember that old-fashioned batteries can 'splode too though.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Lead acid batteries pop. Lithium batteries burn like rocket fuel.

The new "drop -in" lithium batteries are a different chemistry than the ex-car packs people have cobbled together and are quite a bit safer, but they still have temperments if mistreated.

There is a dedicated Lithium battery section at the top of the forum page. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithium-club-car/
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
Easy_E
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi all, I have a 2008 Precedent that I put the Allied 50AH units in. I took the cart for a quick spin as soon as I got them installed and all worked perfect. The weight loss is very evident. I put the cart on my stock charger and all appeared to be normal. When I returned later that day to roll the cart down to the golf course it showed as fully charged but would not drive either direction at all. The reverse buzzer wouldn't even sound off. Broke my voltmeter out and confirmed I did have a full charge. Turns out sometimes the Club Car onboard computer may get bad signal when charging these units. As recommended by Allied, I decided to install a onboard computer bypass kit and switch to a smart charger. All has worked perfectly since. 100% happy with the switch at this point.
Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Just looking at the cost alone it appears that for a 60 Amp Hour set up would be $2,140. And to compare that cost to my Leaf 7 Module which was $1,700. But to compare apples t apples the cost of their charger needs to be added, so the total would be $2,435....or $735 more than my build.

OTOH.......it's a "drop 'n go" with no real need for a "detailed lithium education." But still....some learning about them for the long term is a good idea.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

According to others here on BGW, you can get the RoyPow 105AH drop-in cheaper than these, and it comes with charger and everything you need to get it going.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #7
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm gonna buy the 80ah next week. Looks like I may keep the stock controller in order to keep range.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #8
mwetter2@msn.com
Not Yet Wild

I bot the 80ah drop in batteries from Allied. Charged them up initially with CC charger. Went to go golfing and no go. OBC completely locked out power. Had to completely omit the OBC. Had to buy charger after deleting OBC. Since then have been running them with no problems. We will see what time brings. Put a review on their site that has not appeared as was not 5 star.
mwetter2@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #9
tuc8458
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How do you omit the OBC? what impacts does that have on the overall performance of the cart?
tuc8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #10
Clandon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2009 EZGO RXV. Trojan Batteries were just retired. They worked, as well as the charger, but would only last 2 or 3 holes...a mile or so.
I decided to switch to Allied Lithium for several reasons, mostly not too much more than new lead battery. Upon installation, I attempted to charge. The little green light came on....very dim, then went out completely. Never charged. I called the battery manufacturer and they recommended a (required) lithium charger.
Still no charge. Replaced the charge port... still no charge...
I really don’t think it has anything to do with the batteries.
If I plug it in, and turn it on, lightly touch the gas pedal, the charger shows 1-3 amp charge, then quickly fades. batteries have 12.1Vs each.. currently. Help.,?
Clandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car