lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
nick9882
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 stroke oil mixture

1977 ezgo 2 stroke.I have the manual for it and it says for break in period mix at 32:1 and after break in period mix at 128:1.I have never even heard of that lean of a mixture before and i have owned a lot of 2 stroke dirtbike and atv,but this is my first golf cart.Does that sound right?
nick9882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
williamjr55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 stroke oil mixture

I mix 1 1/2oz(Golden Spectro) per gallon for my wife's 89 2stroke EZGO thats a little on the high side however she uses it off road and for longer distances than the norm it's been on mix now (injector pump removed) for 3+ years and runs very well..thats my 2cents worth
williamjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

You might do a thread search and come up with some good info.. Seems like this same question has come up several times here lately.. Good Luck
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
gdunn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I run mine at 40 to 1 and it dose not smoke. This is the same mixture i run my 1997 CR500
gdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Yes 128:1 is correct and lest you are tempted to change the ratio consider this. A 4 cycle engine runs on a mix of gas and air and this ratio has to be correct, too much gas causes the engine to run rich, too much air causes the engine to run lean and causes overheating and possible engine damage. Now with a 2 cycle engine you mix oil into the gas, if you add too much oil you are actually displacing the gas and causing the engine to run lean. You might think that you are adding extra lubrication but in fact you are starving the engine of gas. Running at 40:1 is the same as running at a third of the proper gas/air ratio, risking a burned out piston and cylinder damage. My advice? Assume the manufacturer knows what they are doing.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have asked this question here a few times. You will get many answers. No one has ever said stick with 128:1 before. I have gotten many 70:1, 80:1, etc. People say a lighter mix for less use. 128:1 for golf, more for offroad or heavy use. Do what makes you comfortable. I have a 93 that I premix. I use a 2.5 gallon gas can and put 3.5 oz. of oil in. That makes it about 91:1 and she runs great with NO smoke. I also add Nitro car fuel scent to make it smell nice for the people I blow by. That is always fun. http://www.palmerracingfuels.com/additives.htm
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO