lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
roady89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo20
So you're sayin' I don't have to pull any wires off at all when using two seperate chargers?
Thats right...you dont need to unhook anything. Just leave the stock charging circuit intact and charge the extra 2 batts with a 12 volt charger.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #12
Rizzo20
Not Yet Wild

Nice, I'll do that until that yamaha receptacle comes.
Rizzo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 AM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo20
I'm not sure I follow you. Let me see if I got this: you moved the wires from the stock receptacle to a different location (different batts)? So you're sayin' I don't have to pull any wires off at all when using two seperate chargers? My 12 volt charger is a POS. After 14 hours of charging it only took the two new batts to 6.0volts a piece from 5.85. I didn't want to run them that low but they drianed faster than the original 6 since they are fresh I suppose...
Yes. I simply moved the White wire from the charger receptacle (which WAS connected to the 36v Main Pack Positive) upstream 2 batteries. Now the cart charger only "sees" 36v, and the new automotive charger attaches to the 48v Main Pack Positive and the neg of the second battery upstream from there. Works great! My new charger has 3 settings, 2amp, 10amp, & 25amp. It charges those 2 in about 2 hours @ the 25amp setting.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #14
Nate
Gone Wild

Rizzo20, most chargers use transformers and transformers are typically isolation devices. Not all transformers are isolated; if you happen across one that is not isolated you will know immediately when the house breaker trips or you blow the charger fuse.

I have yet to come across one that was not isolated but they do exist.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
....most chargers use transformers and transformers are typically isolation devices.
This little tidbit of info is the secret to the LOW COST 48V UPGRADE.

THANK YOU, NATE.

Don't tell anyone else, OK?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO