lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
lawnlake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 13hp kawasaki top speed?

What is the fastest top speed anyone has got out of their 13hp?
Or all speed increases?
How did you do?
lawnlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 13hp kawasaki top speed?

That is going to be hard to answer. Gears, tire size and RPM all effect speed. On a flat ground a 3hp will go just as fast at the 13hp if they are running the same rpm, tires and gears. More HP just helps you get there faster. But to help what little I can to give you a more direct answer our limo cart with the 11.5 has stock 18.5 tires stock 12:1 gearing and with just the gov bypassed we hit 21mph. I'm sure after the liff, wheels and tires we'll be closer to 30mph then to 20mph.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
lawnlake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, what i meant was the people who have the kaw13hp and have made them alittle faster than stock, what have they done and what is their speed? but thanks and good luck with your limo
Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Lawnlake I'm supprised that you've not had anymore replys. I know there are a lot of the 13hp Kawasakies out there. Kind'a like a well kept secret. I've been waiting patiently for parts for our RXV to get street legal. I should have everything by Monday to get started. I'm putting a Trail Tech speedo/tach on it so I can tell if I'm getting results to start with when I change something. Right now I've just got a tywrap arround the govner spring and it's running right at 20mph, that's with the wife clocking me with the Jeep. That is stock wheels/tires etc. Next I'll be doing the 6'' Jakes spindle lift and new tires/wheels. Still not sure which size tires we'll go with. Then we'll see where it's at and go from there....... I would like to get at least 30mph out of it, I hate holding up traffic. But I'd like to do it without running wide open all the time also.
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
wparks
Not Yet Wild

i tightened the throttle cable so it activates the govener and mine hits 28-29 before the rev limiter kicks in. 2012 2+2 sport 13hp kawasaki engine
wparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
lawnlake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Rutro and wparks,
I put a zip-strip through my govener spring for a Quick trial it seemed to work well, but it made my throttle very tight. when it warms up alittle I will remove the zip-strip and adjust the throttle cable. This took take my cart from 15mph to 25mph and the motor sounded great not over worked. I think 25mph is all I'LL get by just messing with the govener maybe because of it being a limo and heavier, but really I"m happy with that. I didn't know there was a rev limited on the 13hp good to know.

Here a photo of the zip-tie in the spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130108_153814.jpg (131.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130108_153650.jpg (130.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
lawnlake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Also found a great GPS speedometer app for my phone its called Ulysse Speedomter "very cool"
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got the Vapor tach/speedo in and the light kit installed. Over all it came out better than I thought it would. With the stock 18" tires it's running 21mph by the speedo.
Wparks does your cart have stock or larger aftermarket wheels/tires on it?
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
lawnlake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I removed the zip-tie tonight and tightened the throttle cable still 25mph but the pedal doesn't seem so tight. So thats great
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
wparks
Not Yet Wild

mine has the 23" tires on it from the factory. also i bypassed the micro switch so the cart starts with the key and runs till i turn it off by the key.
wparks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
top speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO