lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
cbordea
Getting Wild

Default Re: 91 EZGO TXT won't go, solenoid not clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Also it is not normal to hear the solenoid click when you turn the key on as you indicated in your original post........
ok, when I first bought the cart, it would move fwd a little when you first turned it on. The pedal rod was bent, I straightened that and adjusted the micro switch and was able to get that to stop. It could be that I need to adjust it a little more for the solenoid to not activate.
cbordea is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The little boxes are micro switches. One activates the solenoid circuit- it is triggered in both F&R the other is triggered in R only for the back up beeper and half speed reverse functions.
Corrosion could be the problem. jumper the switch terminals and see if the cart runs. Yes? Get a new micro switch of the same configuration.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #13
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbordea View Post
hey, I appreciate your help and concern.
I have a voltmeter, I'll use it going forward.
I did another test...
switch is on.
F&R in F
If I connect the neg to the B- and the pos of the meter to the red wire side of the micro switch that feeds from the F&R switch, I get 0 volts even when pressing the pedal.

Wouldn't that mean that part of the the F&R switch is bad?

I just remembered that I pulled the F&R switch off on Saturday day and noticed what looked similar to battery corrosion coming out of the one of the little boxes. This little box is the one that has the wire going to the micro switch.

I'm assuming that is some kind of switch.

Yes that is one of three switches can cause trouble but it gets its voltage from the FR switch.

I have attached a picture(borrowed from ebay) of the item I am talking about circled in red.
No. The problem would be at the FR micro switch which feeds the pedal box switch back toward the key switch and battery+. Yes all measurements are made with negative lead on B -. Review my earlier post for a step through the three switches. First place you should see voltage is though the key switch then on down the line to the FR switch and to and through the pedal micro switch.

The red wire in the pix should have B+ on it when in fwd and the other blue wire connected to the other side of switch gets its voltage from key switch according to diagram. This is really a simple basic circuit problem.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #14
crash test dummy

this has been a very helpful thread
working on a 91 also
Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #15
cbordea
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The little boxes are micro switches. One activates the solenoid circuit- it is triggered in both F&R the other is triggered in R only for the back up beeper and half speed reverse functions.
Corrosion could be the problem. jumper the switch terminals and see if the cart runs. Yes? Get a new micro switch of the same configuration.
thanks Scotty, if I jump the micro switch, the cart runs.
I cleaned the connections on that micro switch to make sure that wasn't the problem and it still doesn't run.

Is that a part you folks carry? If so, do you have a part number?
Old 06-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #16
cbordea
Getting Wild

I was able to find a replacement part and have been running great for several days.

One comment is that my old switch only had 2 contacts, common and NC (normally closed). The new switch had 3 contacts, common, NC, and NO (normally open). Just make sure you connect to the right contact, I almost wired it to the wrong contact but verified with my meter first.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbordea View Post
I was able to find a replacement part and have been running great for several days.

One comment is that my old switch only had 2 contacts, common and NC (normally closed). The new switch had 3 contacts, common, NC, and NO (normally open). Just make sure you connect to the right contact, I almost wired it to the wrong contact but verified with my meter first.
Good job. They do make 2 and 3 blade micro switches for that cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #18
crash test dummy

got the 91 going with a new solenoid... and thanks to ScottyB i got the diode in correctly
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO