lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #21
dogdad11
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rebuild or buy complete engine ?

I give up... where do i find contact info for CT?
dogdad11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdad11 View Post
I give up... where do i find contact info for CT?
1-706-533-2698
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #23
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It may be more work but once you go clone you will never go back!
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #24
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I just looked the cost of doing a vegas carts swap.The built up engine with most options is $600.This engine produces 25 hp and will turn a lot more than 5000 rpms.The lesser engine that will still easily rev past 5000 rpms cost $440 with vegascarts assembling it.The installation kit is another $600.All of this with free shipping.I did the install in a.weekend.I just did my yamaha g14 in the last month.If you liked your cart with a modified stocker,you are going to LOVE the clone.The first time you drive it all you can say is WOW!! Also replacement parts.are very cheap.With a kit the clone install is a lot easier than many here would make believe and the result is a day and night difference.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #25
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the clone route is always an option, I personally like my lawnmower to sound like a lawnmower though instead of my cart sounding like one, that's the biggest drawback to me personally (although with additional fabrication, trial and error, and cost it's possible to quiet the clones down quite a bit and still have them run right) ...

Either way You'll have a new engine, which is the goal - a 375 performance engine is a drop-in in about an hour and a half and is half the cost, the clone does have its' merits if you don't mind tinkering, etc - lots of speed, power, etc (although keep in mind that golf cart brakes are definitely NOT designed for clone speeds so there's another $300 on disc brakes to keep the cart safe) - it's really a decision only You can make.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #26
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Just because you have a corvette instead of a six cylinder nova doesn't mean you have drive it at 160 mph. You still have a gas pedal. The hushpower muffler I used cost $55 and my cart sounds stock.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I could easily do a clone for 400-500 total; figure 300 motor and the rest HD springs and timing key are cheap, some kind of muffler and header is most expensive part say 50 give or take, my airbox setup was maybe 25 max, I welded a couple bars in for a mount that was easy since I have a welder. My exhaust is a custom made header from robertson that has a rotating coupling (60) and a quietflow walker muffler (30) and autozone hangars (15?). Another clone I did we bought a muffler at the boneyard for 10 and used some spare black pipe fittings and a $10 flexpipe. And the crank adapter is $50.

I rarely go over 30mph though I've gps it at 38 so far likely more with this clutch. The most fun is spinning the tires at lower speeds and climbing hills while spinning, etc.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #28
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

One final thought,if your not happy with the bigger stocker it is game over! With the clone there a whole world of options.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #29
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Look at the end of this video, that is why I like the clone lol! And that with a clutch that is not ideally tuned. Maybe I have a problem with spinning tires....

sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #30
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Sho you better get disc brakes on there or you will killed by your clone for sure! LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO