lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
londontown
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 ezgo 2 cycle fuel pump issues

i recently changed all my fuel lines now the cart is running way too rich there was what i thought was a second fuel filter on one of the rotted lines. I have found that once it floods out if i pull the pulse line off of the fuel pump the cart runs good until it runs out of fuel. if i get it running with everything connected and pinch off the pulse line at the fuel pump it runs. Once it starves for fuel i quickly unpinch the line and it keeps going with good power. Can anyone tell me what im missing? Is there something wrong with the pump? Is there something to regulate the vacuum from the block to the pump? Is the diaphram in my pump bad? any help would be much appreciated
londontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 90 ezgo 2 cycle fuel pump issues

Does the pullse line have fuel in it? The diaphragms can tear in the pump and shove fuel directly into the crank case and in a two stroke will flood it out
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

This is the pump. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...fuel-pump.html

What you are describing sounds more like a sticking float. It could be that when you changed the lines, a piece of crap broke loose, and is stuck under the needle valve. That would keep it from closing all the way, and flooding.

Looking back at your other thread, I have to ask, is this part of your original issue? Did it ever run right after the rebuild? We need feedback, or we can't help.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:52 PM   #4
londontown
Not Yet Wild

Yes it ran fine before. I have put a new carb on and made sure the float is working properly. It hasn’t run right since the rebuild.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

That pump doesn’t have a pulse line. It gets its pulse directly - see the hole and o ring on the back side? It lines up over a hole through a spacer and into the block. If the diaphragm opens up it’s running fuel directly into the motor, bypassing the carb.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #6
londontown
Not Yet Wild

Mine does have a pulse line as the pump is mounted right next tweek the fuel tank.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #7
londontown
Not Yet Wild

It’s for sure a carb issue. I replaced the carb with a cheap one off of amazon. I put a gravity tank on the carb and fuel pours out the carb. I took the carb off adjusted the float same thing. No matter what I do it leaks fuel bench testing it with gravity feeding the carb. Can move the float by hand and get fuel to stop. The float seems to be working. As soon is I put the bowl on it floods. I can blow through it and turn the carb moving the float and I can tell the float is moving and shutting off my air. The float is new and floats in gas. It’s obviously a float needle a s seat issue. There is no rubber on the needle. Has anyone run into this? Do I need to buy a better carb? Thanks for the advise. A little frustrated here.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:42 PM   #8
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not real familiar with the El cheapo carbs but sometimes there is a a small o ring that the metal needle seats against maybe yours is missing it
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
sambino
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I know it's been a few months, and I hope you got the problem figured out. If not, you should know that the new, cheapo carbs on ebay and amazon come with a piece of rubber tubing stuck on the carb vent tube. It looks like it belongs there and I have no idea why they put it on, but you must remove it for the carb bowl to vent, otherwise you will have exactly the problem you described. I found this out the hard way....
sambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO