lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
r2d3henry
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Bought EZGO Gas, Won't start

Hi guys,

I bought a cart off my buddy and he said he could never get it to work.

I bought a new battery, new solenoid. I checked the key for continuity, then the little microswitch for the peddle that is under the mat, it was good. The weird thing about this cart is there is no fuse box, its likely they took it out. I was wondering does the reverse microswitch affect anything if it is broken? I don't need it but want to make sure. Also, I can jump across the solenoid terminals and the cart does begin to start. Any other tests that I can run to determine the issue.

96 EZGO Gas
Serial Number - 962232
r2d3henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bought EZGO Gas, Won't start

The switch for the reverse buzzer won’t keep it from running, BUT the 12 volt + feed to the buzzer connects to another wire at that switch. That other wire provides power to the key switch and on to the small terminal of the solenoid.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Page L-2 http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf

You will see that MS-4 is the reverse microswitch. Power goes to it, but does not need to go through it to activate the solenoid.

Another wire will come out of MS-4, and attach to one side of the pedal switch (MS-3).

MS-3 supplies power to the key switch.

The key switch then supplies power to the small positive side of the solenoid.

If you have power on both sides of the key switch, you need to see where you are losing it between the key, and solenoid.

EDIT: I went back, and read your post again. You checked your key switch for continuity, but didn't check it for power.
I have heard that a common place to lose power is a corroded terminal on the hot side of the reverse switch. It will be a double wire, and it feeds the rest of the circuit.

The easiest test is to set your meter to DC volts.

Place one meter probe on the negative battery terminal.

Use the other probe to start following the circuit. There are plugs in the harness that need to be checked too.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
krs_med
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.specialtycartz.com/pdf/ezgo_gas.pdf
This link is the Service manual it should help you. If you can jump the solenoid and it turns over either the wiring, foot pedal switch or solenoid is bad. Take a look at the wiring diagram in the manual it will be a big help. You should have a blue wire going to D terminal and a red/white wire to B terminal of solenoid. If you take your DVM set to DC you should get 12V at the blue wire when pedal is pressed. Red/White wire provides 12VDC to switch if I remember correctly.
Keith
krs_med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #5
r2d3henry
Not Yet Wild

Wow Thanks everyone. I'm going to work on it in a couple hours. I'll try jumping the solenoid and checking all the connections again, looking for voltage as well as continuity. Thanks
r2d3henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:56 AM   #6
krs_med
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What did you find
krs_med is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO