lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #31
Ezgowow
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2005 ezgo st sport 350cc will not start

I would kiss y'alls face if I could. While I definitely learned a lot about this cart I reassured myself I am a moron. So while attempting to get full throttle and being frustrated I took off that plate on top of the carburetor, by drilling out those rivets, to physically reach the throttle to carb connection. While doing so naturally I manually pushed the throttle on he carb and she is singing. So now it's not the engine it's the throttle from the carburetor back. Thanks so much
Ezgowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #32
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Success
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #33
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Great!!!!

The cable recently froze in my carryall and did the same thing. When I looked down and noticed the throttle wasn't moving at all, easy fix. $7 cable later and i'm up and running. But the throttle and everything is a lot easier to see in my carryall than the ezgo. Always thought that cable setup going up from down below was sorta silly. EAsy to route it wrong past the starter/generator as well so the cable kinks and gets stuck.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #34
Ezgowow
Not Yet Wild

Is it possible that the governor plate is frozen on the shaft. Does that shaft just sit on top of the rear end? I was thinking of putting some pb blaster on it and pop it off and sand down the shaft plus adding some grease. Does that seem about right. The governor plate only moved a little, like a cm if that.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #35
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Take a picture of it and post back . Close up if you can
Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 PM   #36
Ezgowow
Not Yet Wild

This gets better, I only share my ignorance to help other like myself to learn. So, the governor arm was not frozen when I put the skid plate back on I pinched the throttle cable 😂🙄. Only after putting a ball joint separator deal on the governor arm trying to pop of the arm. Of course it popped but the arm never actually cam off. It does move up and down a quarter to half an inch 😐 not sure what I messed up now but I'll take $30 in parts over a rebuild. Just as confusing I assume I must have needed the new carburetor or maybe not or after putting all this back together I could be in the same boat. But I remain hopeful and my persistent will break the resistance or I will have a fully restored 2005 st sport. One way or the other this sucker is not going to beat me. Thanks for the help of you folks on here for the guidance and ideas.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #37
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

You are quite welcome. Things like this we never forget. Good luck
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO