lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Valve issue :(

Trig pretty much summed it up there

I would recommend finding OEM valves though. Aftermarket parts are okay for some things, but for anything electronic, or anything inside the motor I only use OEM stuff. Not worth saving a few bucks to have to do it again because of poor quality control on chinese parts.

Also you'll want to get some valve lapping compound and maybe watch a few youtube videos on how to lap valves so you know they will seat correctly. They make special tools and kits for valve lapping, but I don't use a special tool for it though, just a piece of fuel line works fine. go slow and light, you don't want to cut new valve seats, just cut into them enough that the valve seats and closes completely.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Valve issue :(

A few informative videos that aren't complete garbage. (there's a lot of garbage on youtube that can easily mislead)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GEmuQa3dPY
In this one they use a tool like I mentioned above. I use a piece of fuel hose from the other side, stick it on the valve stem and to the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufou8RMAvlo
This guy is clearly not using best practices. Skip to about 3:55 the useful part of this video is that it shows the valves before and after (you won't have a before since they're new valves, but wouldn't hurt to run through the exhaust valves while you're in there). and how to check it to make sure it's done.

It's not exactly rocket science, just takes patience and a little attention to detail. Once you've done it once the other 3 valves will be quick and easy.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO